2024 Cold Bore Challenge Q&A Thread

JohnB

WKR
Tapatalk and regular website are both working fine for me on an Android 11 phone. No issues on desk top either. Maybe because I smashed that subscribe button and rang the notification bell....

lak2004

WKR
Those having issues opening the thread on your phone.

Are you opening it in Tapatalk or full website? Android or Apple?

I'm on an android, open it with the Chrome browser and everything works perfectly.

As for why we require the video. The sponsors are giving away awesome prizes so we want people to work at it a little bit (I'm amazed how many people don't already have a setup for digiscoping). And by requiring people to put Rokslide Cold Bore in the titles of the videos, it will drive traffic to the website.

P.S. You should definitely go subscribe and like the Rokslide YouTube page.
It's an iPhone thing, us android users don't have silly issues like that.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Those having issues opening the thread on your phone.

Are you opening it in Tapatalk or full website? Android or Apple?

I'm on an android, open it with the Chrome browser and everything works perfectly.

As for why we require the video. The sponsors are giving away awesome prizes so we want people to work at it a little bit (I'm amazed how many people don't already have a setup for digiscoping). And by requiring people to put Rokslide Cold Bore in the titles of the videos, it will drive traffic to the website.

P.S. You should definitely go subscribe and like the Rokslide YouTube page.
For me, it's Apple on the Safari browser... It started working last night after it didn't work for over a week when I went to try and see how folks were doing with their shots.

I like being challenged to video after doing it for 2 days now. Never really videoed any of my shots before, it was always somebody else filming during comps/events. Now that I've got a feel for it, I plan on seeing if I can sneak in some videos of kills if time allows.

I'll be updating my cold bore post after some work meetings here... This morning was another excellent day out in the canyons!

ljalberta

WKR
For the main thread, I cannot open the first page in my iPhone in ether Safari or Chrome. I can open the rest of the pages on my phone, and I can open all pages on my computer.

I’m looking to upgrade to either a Kowa or Swaro spotter this year after spending some good time using friends. I’ll hopefully be working with a proper digiscoping setup and some actual shooting skills next year.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Well friends, my second shot is up in post 70. I posted this in the thread but I'll put it here as well...

I am tied up with work tomorrow, and then we are hosting for the 4th of July. I'll be doing ribs and brisket so I won't be able to sneak away on the 4th in the morning. I leave on the 5th for NE Wyoming for the next two weeks and I'm driving up, so unless the challenge gets extended, I won't be able to shoot my next two shots for the extra entries. My plan was to move out past 1,000 yards for the 3rd and 4th shots depending on weather conditions.

Really want to thank the Admins here and the sponsors for putting on this event again this year!

Also would like to say... I go out and do this kind of stuff just about every week. If anyone is ever in the Phoenix or Tucson area and has a free morning/day please PM me. I'd love to host, take you to some fun spots for shooting/glassing/scouting big game animals. Or just cruise in the Jeep through the canyons and see if your rifle is still zeroed at the end :LOL:

Lowedown

FNG
I finally got in at post #72. I really enjoyed starting my day out early with this, and can see more of this happening in my future. The focus and effort put into going out, setting up, and taking only one shot is a great focus. Range time is irreplicable for the scientific pursuit of a finely tuned set up and shooting practice. However this format could really help a guys mental approach, and provide unique hunting oriented practice. Thanks again for hosting this challenge, and to the sponsors who are helping promote it!

Ucsdryder

WKR
welcome to the challenge (even though you out shot me )
Hahaha! I didn’t catch it on the video, but I told her if she shot better than this guy named Robby denning I’d buy her a horse. Obviously I set the bar pretty low! 😜 She was confused but apparently I owe her a horse. Her grandpa has a ranch so maybe he’ll buy her one.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha! I didn’t catch it on the video, but I told her if she shot better than this guy named Robby denning I’d buy her a horse. Obviously I set the bar pretty low! 😜 She was confused but apparently I owe her a horse. Her grandpa has a ranch so maybe he’ll buy her one.
passing your obligations on to grandpa. not cool. lol