2024 Bows?

Would like to try an Athens but unfortunately, there are none close to me to try. Of all the bows I have tried except for the 2024 offerings, I think I will just stick to my PSE Fortis 33 and my Bowtech SR350. They do everything I want with ease.

Yeah, no dealers near me either. I'm tempted to just purchase direct to give it a try. IMO, tunability is the best new feature being added to bows nowadays.

New mathews are intriguing. Mostly curious about draw cycle with new cams - should it be very similar to my v3x33? Edit: read a bit more about them, mathews is publishing speeds on the 33 based on 31.5" draw length? What C-unts. Saw claims that the draw is even more harsh but it's not any faster. Weak.

Should probably avoid shooting anything as that's how a guy ends up buying new bows he doesn't need..

Last edited:
Just saw Hoyts new lineup. The RX8 seems eerily similar to the RX7, but the Alpha looks interesting with a completely different riser design.

Just saw Hoyts new lineup. The RX8 seems eerily similar to the RX7, but the Alpha looks interesting with a completely different riser design.
Hoyt must think Elite has something there with that riser design. A lot of people like Elite bows. I have a low shelf Elite Basin which doesn't shoot like it's low shelf at all and it has that riser design.

I have an athens vista 33 and 35.

They're great bows. They remind me of my old elite answer. Smooth and simple.

The new axxis has my attention, but I'm worried they aren't going to hit IBO. Hunting out west I like to have speed if I can. Sometimes you only get a 60 yard shot on a tag you've waited a decade for...

PSE released a new mach30 carbon bow, looks like little light bow might have to go shoot one, maybe I shouldn't though with the msrp of just the bow. The Skyfall camo with bronze cams does look nice though

View attachment 627574

I'm liking that bow or perhaps the Evolve 30 DS. Currently have an Omen with EC2 cams, love the new shim system. That bow is a tack driver and I love the Pic rail sight mount, just would like another 30" ATA bow again...

been shooting a hoyt for years considering diving into the lasted matthews option.
Best do a search because the Title is already getting some flak and it just barely left the ground.

edit :I came back to edit this reply of mine. I was thinking of the Lift and not the Title. The Lift is gettig the flack.
So sorry for the mind slip.

Last edited:
I’ve been interested in Athens but have never shot one. I’ve only heard good things, and this new model could be really interesting.
They make a nice bow, my brother shoots one that’s 2 years old and I like it, they have been seeming to hang with the big dogs the past few years

A little cheaper and seemingly good factory strings… I would like to see them grow and have a presence in bow shops

On paper, the Lift is the most intriguing mathews to me since the chill, but not hearing a lot of good, which is odd for Mathews

Anyone here shoot one and have thoughts? I sure would like to see them raise the grip a bit, I don’t like packing top heavy bows, and I just don’t understand why they stick with the grip so low. Prime makes a very solid platform with the center grip and balance really well

On paper, the Lift is the most intriguing mathews to me since the chill, but not hearing a lot of good, which is odd for Mathews

Anyone here shoot one and have thoughts? I sure would like to see them raise the grip a bit, I don’t like packing top heavy bows, and I just don’t understand why they stick with the grip so low. Prime makes a very solid platform with the center grip and balance really well
I shot the Lift 29.5. I haven’t shot my v3x 29 in about two months. So I’ll have to go in again and shoot them side by side. The Lift is light, draw felt a bit tougher than my other recent Mathews, was quiet in the shot. I couldn’t tell much for vibration. Only read I’d go and shoot it again is I’ve been hoping for a sub four pound aluminum bow to be released like they did 10-12 years ago. Crap part is it’s a new mod so a guy can’t swap between bows.

The lift is a pretty solid bow in my opinion.

I know some don't like the grip position, but I prefer to have a bow that centers the arrow over the grip. I think it makes it more efficient and its easier to tune at speed. Lift has less reflex than the previous 33's, it's been a little faster than previous models (5-6 fps). DL is still running long.

I haven't messed with the 29.5, I prefer the longer bows, but that one might be surprising. Friend is playing with one and he told me he is getting 310 fps @ 26.5 DL and 5 gpp, no peep, just loop and everything factory. Riser is close to 30" on it. The riser on the 33 is same length as the 38" title.

I think the Lift is going to be a pretty good bow, I haven't gotten to play much with it yet, so jury is still out. I'll wait til it's more comfortable to shoot outside and it's not Indoor season. I think it will be a really good hunting bow, it's likely to be my 3d bow.

The lift is a pretty solid bow in my opinion.

I know some don't like the grip position, but I prefer to have a bow that centers the arrow over the grip. I think it makes it more efficient and its easier to tune at speed. Lift has less reflex than the previous 33's, it's been a little faster than previous models (5-6 fps). DL is still running long.

I haven't messed with the 29.5, I prefer the longer bows, but that one might be surprising. Friend is playing with one and he told me he is getting 310 fps @ 26.5 DL and 5 gpp, no peep, just loop and everything factory. Riser is close to 30" on it. The riser on the 33 is same length as the 38" title.

I think the Lift is going to be a pretty good bow, I haven't gotten to play much with it yet, so jury is still out. I'll wait til it's more comfortable to shoot outside and it's not Indoor season. I think it will be a really good hunting bow, it's likely to be my 3d bow.
I’m curious how I feel about the Lift being overall lighter mass weight, maybe the grip position won’t be as noticeable to me

The draw cycle is whatever, if I didn’t like it at 70# I’d just shoot less draw weight, I don’t care anymore, I just like about 260fps on my hunting arrow, and that’s always going to be a heavy enough arrow

If it doesn’t feel really unbalanced in the hand or top heavy at full draw, I’ll probably buy one. I think I’d want the 33 as well but would certainly shoot both… I usually prefer that 32-35” ATA range but Mathews always have a different feel to me. I bought a triax when they came out and the vanity wore off very quickly

I’m curious how I feel about the Lift being overall lighter mass weight, maybe the grip position won’t be as noticeable to me

The draw cycle is whatever, if I didn’t like it at 70# I’d just shoot less draw weight, I don’t care anymore, I just like about 260fps on my hunting arrow, and that’s always going to be a heavy enough arrow

If it doesn’t feel really unbalanced in the hand or top heavy at full draw, I’ll probably buy one. I think I’d want the 33 as well but would certainly shoot both… I usually prefer that 32-35” ATA range but Mathews always have a different feel to me. I bought a triax when they came out and the vanity wore off very quickly

I didn't like the Triax at all, and the shortest that I really shoot are the 31's. Of course, the cams are so big that a 31 is more like a 33-34" bow on the 31's.

I haven't noticed anything about balance with it. It's more weight, but a few ounces added to the v-bar mount will make a bow feel less top heavy.

I find the draw cycle to feel a lot better at 80% than 85% on the SW, haven't gotten ahold of any 80% mods for the Lift SWx yet, so don't know if that will continue. I like more holding weight anyways normally tweak them to increase it.

Check your Lifts for cable rubbing in the track of the cam. I just read some reports over on AT of that being a problem right out of the box from the factory. A pro shop is reporting that as well.

I ordered a Lift 33 yesterday. I shot a bunch of the new bows and was very close to getting a Core SR. That bow was sweet - I only shot it in comfort but got similar speeds to the Lift in a much smoother draw cycle. That thing drew like butter.

Back