2024 Bows?

Wannabebowhuntr

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a Lift 33 yesterday. I shot a bunch of the new bows and was very close to getting a Core SR. That bow was sweet - I only shot it in comfort but got similar speeds to the Lift in a much smoother draw cycle. That thing drew like butter.
Curious why you went with the lift? Same speed with a better draw would kind of make the decision for me personally. The lift hold a lot better?

I ended up with a Lift 33. It was defiantly between it and a Core SR.

On comfort the SR felt really nice. It was literally a toss up between the Lift and it.

Reasoning I ended up with the Lift is that the Core Sr with the two dampeners ends up at around 5lbs. Where the Lift is 4.26... So to save roughly .75 of a pound i went with the Lift.

Curious why you went with the lift? Same speed with a better draw would kind of make the decision for me personally. The lift hold a lot better?
Exactly - I felt like I would shoot better groups with the Lift. With the extra half inch of brace height, the longer riser, and how ridiculously dead it was compared to anything else I shot. How light it is also feels really nice. I'm planning on having some backpack-style hunts the next couple years so that was a consideration as well.

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
I ended up with a Lift 33. It was defiantly between it and a Core SR.

On comfort the SR felt really nice. It was literally a toss up between the Lift and it.

Reasoning I ended up with the Lift is that the Core Sr with the two dampeners ends up at around 5lbs. Where the Lift is 4.26... So to save roughly .75 of a pound i went with the Lift.
I ordered a Lift 33 yesterday. I shot a bunch of the new bows and was very close to getting a Core SR. That bow was sweet - I only shot it in comfort but got similar speeds to the Lift in a much smoother draw cycle. That thing drew like butter.

What draw length are you guys?

sndmn11

Exactly - I felt like I would shoot better groups with the Lift. With the extra half inch of brace height, the longer riser, and how ridiculously dead it was compared to anything else I shot. How light it is also feels really nice. I'm planning on having some backpack-style hunts the next couple years so that was a consideration as well.

This is why I dislike how bows are sold at shops. Everyone going in knows that they are demo bows, especially with the Mathews, so I'd like to see places actually allowing one to demo them.

I think that if the norm became to tune a rest and throw a sight on to shoot 30 arrows, we would see improvements on things that put arrows where we aim more so than vibration and noise.

Depending on the brand 30-30.5. Bowtech i shot at 30 obviously.... and it fit perfectly. Lift I ended up with 30.5 mod. Shooting 76#

sndmn11

Depending on the brand 30-30.5. Bowtech i shot at 30 obviously.... and it fit perfectly. Lift I ended up with 30.5 mod. Shooting 76#
I haven't shot that bowtech yet. I'm a 30-30.5 as well, and withy reckoning there was that steep drop into the valley and anchor. Did you feel that?

I haven't shot that bowtech yet. I'm a 30-30.5 as well, and withy reckoning there was that steep drop into the valley and anchor. Did you feel that?
Yes there was a drop into the valley to the anchor. The mathews was smooth through entire draw cycle to me.

V-TRAIN

WKR
the Core Sr with the two dampeners ends up at around 5lbs. Where the Lift is 4.26... So to save roughly .75 of a pound i went with the Lift.
I have never used those dampeners on my Bowtechs, I really don't see the point unless your maybe not going to use stabilizers. I honestly think they just put them on there so when you shoot them at the shop they feel deader. I just think if your going to add weight to a bow, you need to stick it on the bars.
It will accomplish more and take less weight to do the same thing.

sh40674

FNG
I'm stuck between the core sr, core ss, and athens axxis. Just sold my v3x, wasn't for me (not dissing mathews just switched from bowtech after 20 years and just could not get used to shooting it)

Anyone shoot the SR vs SS? comparison? I'm a lefty so nobody has any to shoot yet. Being with bowtech for so long I already kinda know what to expect but still want to shoot one

Point Man

Lil-Rokslider
I'm stuck between the core sr, core ss, and athens axxis. Just sold my v3x, wasn't for me (not dissing mathews just switched from bowtech after 20 years and just could not get used to shooting it)

Anyone shoot the SR vs SS? comparison? I'm a lefty so nobody has any to shoot yet. Being with bowtech for so long I already kinda know what to expect but still want to shoot one
The only Bowtech I have experience with is my SR350 and it is a sweet bow.

MattB

WKR
Talked with a good tech the other day was high in Hoyt, a little higher in Mathews, and was disappointed in Bowtech. He said their bows went backwards in terms of vibration.

sh40674

FNG
Talked with a good tech the other day was high in Hoyt, a little higher in Mathews, and was disappointed in Bowtech. He said their bows went backwards in terms of vibration.
I'm not too worried about vibration, as long as its felt and not noisy. That could easily be a tune thing, etc. The podium archer did a good review and he actually measured it less than any bow he's tested. I'm more upset about the weight, he weighed them and actually almost ticked 5 pounds. Now, I shoot either HHA or black gold, and a hamskea so weight isn't really too much of an issue knowing it's already going go be heavier. But that's about the only thing mathews did impressive (imo) this year was keep a strong aluminum (I much prefer aluminum) riser and put the bow into carbon territory. I wish others would follow suit.

Still stuck between bowtech and Athens. Vibration or not I know I can shoot a bowtech well. I (NOW) know I cannot shoot a mathews,at least a v3x, well. Some bows just don't get along with some people I guess lol. My solution was a good shooter, hoping the core and maybe core sr are.

MattB

WKR
I'm not too worried about vibration, as long as its felt and not noisy.
Doesn’t work that way, if you can feel it you will hear it. You don’t see vibe-y quiet bows and one that are dead in the hand but are loud.

Just picked this up…….

Attachments

• 820F0C59-5098-43B5-91DC-ADA28CC96DA5.jpeg
    820F0C59-5098-43B5-91DC-ADA28CC96DA5.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 61
For a second I thought it was complete with the bodoodle zapper.
Never seen the rest type that is on it, but these old bows, 65% LO are easy on my shoulder. These new bow absolutely kill me.

I have the same bow set up, little cam difference. but I’m,going to set it up and go into the sunset with these two bows.

sh40674

FNG
Doesn’t work that way, if you can feel it you will hear it. You don’t see vibe-y quiet bows and one that are dead in the hand but are loud.
I'm gonna disagree with that. It truly depends on what the vibration is, and the speed of the vibration. Kinda like hand shock?
I mean generally yes more vibe more noise. My v3x I could slightly feel some vibe but it was one of the quietest bows I've ever shot. I had an RPM 360 that was absolutely dead in hand but just noisy on the shot (not terrible just louder than say my solution I had last year) the only way is a decibel meter. You don't hear earthquakes you feel them.

Anyways, not arguing, respect your opinion just politely disagree