2024 Bows?

What's everyone hoping to come out for the 2024 bow lineup?

I REALLY want to see Mathews come out with a carbon bow.

nphunter

WKR
Longer ATA short cam bows. A #2 or SD cam with a ATA 34/35” would be awesome. Shedding some weight would be a plus as well, take a carbon matrix riser and slap some new style cams and limbs with some kind of micro adjustable limb pocket or cam.

Mathews has chased having the most rigid risers for a long time.

Generally, carbon flexes, and flexes a lot.

Makes for difficult tuning when the centershot changes on the bow through the draw cycle. It would be possible with a shoot through riser, but that brings other problems.
For Mathews, better colors. The camo finish sucks, olive drap is worn out, Ghey Grey sucks, black is black. The target colors seem like a Model T, you can have any color you want as long as its....

I don't know what I really want to see. Pretty much performance has peaked until something new for limb materials comes along. Improvements in tuning? Well I liked yokes. I don't much care about the easy user interface for tuning, seems it might be sacrificing durability, and I have a press so I don't need it.

I'd like to see larger riser cutouts on a lot of bows. I don't want to have a broadhead in front of my riser. If I want to have a large fixed head on my arrow, I'd like it to be able to be inside the riser if I want.

All bows should have 2 Berger holes and multiple sight holes. More options for adjustment of holding weight on hunting bows, or higher holding, less letoff options.

carbon flexes, and flexes a lot

If this is true, it's not a result of the material, but a result of the riser design and layup used. Carbon fiber has a similar but slightly higher modulus of elasticity (resistance to bending, ie stiffness) to aluminum, but much, much higher specific stiffness (stiffness per unit weight) and higher ultimate tensile strength.

Last edited:
If this is true, it's not a result of the material, but a result of the riser design and layup used. Carbon fiber has a similar modulus but slightly higher of elasticity (resistance to bending, ie stiffness) to aluminum, but much, much higher specific stiffness (stiffness per unit weight) and higher ultimate tensile strength.

Correct.

It's more the limitations of the shape of a bow riser, combined with trying to layup carbon.

Bowtech has a different riser shape than the previous designs. It's the most rigid one I have handled.

Carbon works well with strait fibers, or curved. It doesn't work well when you need to make deep cuts into the shape, heck that produces stress risers in all materials, but if you are cutting carbon fibers doing it, it really don't work well.

I just don't see any real benefits to the material with a bow. I have owned a couple, I seriously doubt I'll own another.

WKR
I don't much care about the easy user interface for tuning, seems it might be sacrificing durability, and I have a press so I don't need it.
I appreciate you posting this. I'll need to read up on it a bit more. I keep thinking I'm going to upgrade my bow to an Elite with S.E.T., but maybe I'm better off to just stick with the press and draw board.

I appreciate you posting this. I'll need to read up on it a bit more. I keep thinking I'm going to upgrade my bow to an Elite with S.E.T., but maybe I'm better off to just stick with the press and draw board.

Time will tell, but seems like a few issues with it. More moving parts, more can happen. I think a lot of the systems are really cool, and might be the future, but it's not like you don't need a press to set cable length.

Now the new Bowtech timelock or whatever is sweet for that, but again, I don't know if I really like my cable held by a set screw.

I know an Elite shooter who had to rebuild his limb pockets. He was getting a little pocket noise, pulled it apart to put a little grease on the limb. Turns out the set system was wobbling on the threads. Now, the number of shots he had on that bow? I don't know, but it was a lot.

Reactions: 9.1
OP
Bowhunter'07
I would like to see a shorter BowTech Reckoning (34-35) that would be easier to hunt with.
Or else something like the ss34 with all the new lock technology that the Reckoning has would be something i would buy.

10ringer

WKR
I would like all bow manufactures to offer both cable and limb stops each year. Stop with the every other year you get one or the other.

Insomnia

Lil-Rokslider
That's too bad... I could see it being even more quiet and good looking than the phase 4.
There's honestly not many attractive carbon bows imo. The elite era looks blockier than the omnia, carbon one looks like a tree branch with limb pockets attached, mach 4 is a straight line. More restrictions with the material.

OP
Bowhunter'07
There's honestly not many attractive carbon bows imo. The elite era looks blockier than the omnia, carbon one looks like a tree branch with limb pockets attached, mach 4 is a straight line. More restrictions with the material.
Huh, personaly I think the carbon models look better than the aluminum. Especially with the hoyt and elite

10ringer

WKR
Huh, personaly I think the carbon models look better than the aluminum. Especially with the hoyt and elite

I agree, i think the hoyt RX7 is one of the best looking bows.
If carbon bows tested 2 or more Decibels quieter then aluminum, I think an argument could be made for the extra $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Mathews is too invested in accessorizing to make sweeping changes to tun-ability. My guess is you’ll see the same Phase 4 limbs in a 28 and 32 or something to that affect and probably a new cam. Mods aren’t going anywhere because they play into peak efficiency of the draw curve at any weight plus all their dealers are too invested in the mod systems. I don’t think Mathews can release a carbon bow for under $2200 and make it perform like an aluminum bow. They have a very loyal following but $4000 upgrade total with negligible differences in performance and efficiency I don’t see it. You’ll get two sizes, different cam on the same Vertix riser with a different cut out pattern.

CB4

WKR
3D printing, I think that's the next "technological" advance. The geometries that are opened up would help cut weight while adding stiffness. Not to mention manufacturing cost would decrease. I imagine the big companies are already experimenting with it.