2023 Wyoming Elk Draw Results

Probably draw in the special with 3 points next year.

I've no idea but I kind of doubt it. Wouldn't be surprised if special is similar odds with 4 points next year with a little bump in random odds. Bet there will be lots of people with 4 points that know it's not enough for regular and some with 5 that were unsuccessful this year with 4 and know they might not draw in regular with 5 next year so they pony up to get a dang tag. If I didn't have a sure thing decent elk tag in another state in '24 and wanted to hunt, id be applying special if I had 5 points.

KHNC

WKR
It is apparent that "special" isn't so special anymore.
Just another scam for more money. Least i didnt let them hold a big wad of my money for 5 months this year. I did special last 3 and it didnt help crap. I feel a little better seeing the low odds with 4 pts in special this year too. Least i may not have cost myself an elk hunt by not applying special after all.

I went in special, pulled app a couple days prior to draw. Stinks as I wanted to get back up there, but another tag trumped WY Gen so out went the app. Good luck to those who drew. If only CO had a similar system.

wapitibob

WKR
Regular gen apps were down about 160, Special was up about 170. If it was me, I'd party app in the special next year and get up off the 5.0000 point group and into 5.5000 or better.

Laramie

WKR
But will it really? its what 1200 for a elk tag now what's another 800 dollars for a tag. Time will tell but I am considering the opposite will happen either there will be no measurable change or more will apply in the special next year thinking they have better odds
I absolutely think they sell all the tags in the special but my guess is many of the people choosing to go that route will be guys with 4 or fewer points. My guess is the special will draw at about 4 points next year while the regular will jump to about 5.5.

ckleeves

WKR
I think what’s going to make things real interesting next year is all the 6-7-8 point guys who were starting to sniff some limited tags in the special but may be dropping into the general regular with the price increase. It doesn’t take many of those guys % wise of those point pools to drastically change the general regular draw.

hunt1up

WKR
I bet the price increase doesn't help odds at all in the special. Maybe for a tag or two. Might get a few less applicants but there's enough willing to spend the money that not much will change.

KHNC

WKR
Im not doing special next year either. I will have 5 points and if i dont draw again, then thats that i guess.

lintond

WKR
I’m trying to party apply with a buddy. 5 + 3 = 4 average. The past two years we’ve been on the bubble with no luck.

I see three options for us next year. 1) split our apps & I hunt 2024 and wait for his tag in a few years. 2) we stay partied & keep praying in regular draw 3) we hold on applying for another yr or two and shift focus to other states.

Jumping into the special is just a bit too rich for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk