2023 NRL Hunter Match Schedule

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Just a little snow for this match...
b63ae6d079184869e9d54e1e09367bad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to come shoot in the snow at Vernal, there is a guy selling a spot on the NRL Hunter Community page on Facebook. His dad is selling a skills spot as well.
dde401aac279bcf3cb87a006949f12de.jpg

ChrisAU

WKR
They announced a one day NRL Hunter Games at the Arena in Blakely GA for July 15. I signed up as soon as I saw it. One day, 8 stages, NRL Hunter format but no caliber/power factor minimum and no classifications. Still 16 lb limit.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Day one of the High Desert Hunter snow and mud jamboree is complete. Hopefully, tomorrow, it stays cold to keep the mud away.
995399ad322e68398c18b17166ed0eb3.jpg

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys know if the factory division allows for you to remove a factory butt pad to shorten a LOP?

I signed my kid and I up for skills for the leupold relentless match in Madras in June. They do have a complimentary young gun slot with a regular entry, Thing is the young gun needs to shoot factory, light or heavy. My kid is 4’-11 so I’d have to shorten a stock (shorter but pad would would be enough) to be able to have her shoot my 6cm in factory division but they don’t allow “modifications”.

She will have fun and learn a ton in skills anyway, but would be cool to have a legit entry and shot at the prize table. She’s shooting great with her 6arc gas gun

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Do you guys know if the factory division allows for you to remove a factory butt pad to shorten a LOP?

I signed my kid and I up for skills for the leupold relentless match in Madras in June. They do have a complimentary young gun slot with a regular entry, Thing is the young gun needs to shoot factory, light or heavy. My kid is 4’-11 so I’d have to shorten a stock (shorter but pad would would be enough) to be able to have her shoot my 6cm in factory division but they don’t allow “modifications”.

She will have fun and learn a ton in skills anyway, but would be cool to have a legit entry and shot at the prize table. She’s shooting great with her 6arc gas gun
I highly doubt it would be a problem in this case. Send an email to [email protected] just to be sure.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved

The way I read the rules it would be ok as you don’t have to drill new holes or modify it permanently to attach the thinner pad. 🤷‍♂️

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I asked Travis today and you cannot do that even in youth division factory.
That makes no sense. Even cutting the buttstock to fit a small shooter shouldn't make a difference.

You can't swap the recoil pad, but you can shoot a Sig Cross, Bergara in a chassis, Christensen MPR, ETC...

Give me a break....

id_jon

WKR
That makes no sense. Even cutting the buttstock to fit a small shooter shouldn't make a difference.

You can't swap the recoil pad, but you can shoot a Sig Cross, Bergara in a chassis, Christensen MPR, ETC...

Give me a break....
Yeah I gotta say, some of the factory class rules are kinda goofy. You can't drill a second hole in your forend to mount an arca plate, but if you can find a gun that comes from the factory with a threaded barrel, fully adjustable chassis, integrated arca rail etc then its fine? If anything, the factory class seems like just as much of a gear race/money spending competition as the open divisions, despite the intention of it being the opposite. Seems like what we need more than a factory class, is a limited feature class.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Well, me and my teammate came out fantastic and won an outfitted spring bear hunt in 2025 at the Vernal match as a random draw prize. We're both pretty stoked and going to add a Hunter so we can both go. Match was super tough, but not bad for Eric's first run at MDing a major match. Prize table was pretty good as well.

parshal

WKR
kharb, didn’t know that was you that got that hunt. Congrats.

It was very challenging. Smaller targets and tough to find although the bear on 19 or 20 was huge and still not found by most including us. We started on 9 the first day and we’re real dejected. Did well the second day and jumped from 7th to 2nd in teams. Shocked us both.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
It was our first ever NRL hunter match and we decided to shoot as a team to get a feel for the match. I'll probably never shoot as a team again. Communication is hard. Lol. And great shooting! This match definitely had a PRS match feel to it. The bear stage was 18. Even when the RO had his binoculars on it, I still couldn't find the damn thing. On the Coyote stage 19, I was shooting the howling Coyote for stage 20 and never even found the other coyotes. My biggest gripe is a lot of the targets were so small, they lacked definition to be able to tell them apart easily. Overall, it was difficult, and a learning experience. Heading to Missouri for the next one, hopefully it goes a little better.

parshal

WKR
Agree with everything you said about the match and teamwork. Communication gets real rough when things go south and that can happen quickly. We’re still working on improving communication and we’ve shot three as a team.

We’ll be shooting teams in Missouri as well.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
When you let the first place team know that even though you were dead last, you got drawn for a kick ass prize!
bc2ea420f48b831b81a9d8c3710b7904.jpg

Anyone who’s shot it with a bdl what’s the rules in regards to loading? Can I load it and leave the bolt open like I would a mag or do you load on the clock?

I know bdl isn’t ideal but that’s my only option now. My 3006 will hold 5 down. Best yet is that it’s got an swfa fixed 10 on it
My dad shot a bdl at the NRL Hunter match in Laramie last year. You have to load on the clock and start with nothing in the gun. He is even looking at using a single shot next year like a ruger #1 just for fun.