2023 NRL Hunter Match Schedule

ChrisAU

WKR
My buddy is shooting it and said it’s a mess!

At times it was like trying to shoot a black prairie dog in tall grass at 600 yards while your boots and pants were full of water and someone was spraying your RF and scopes objective with a water hose. Effectiveness was lowwww lol.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
At times it was like trying to shoot a black prairie dog in tall grass at 600 yards while your boots and pants were full of water and someone was spraying your RF and scopes objective with a water hose. Effectiveness was lowwww lol.
Sounds like hunting! Haha

Frustrating but great practice.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
The Vortex Whitetail Madness went live. I'm signed up, so if you're going to attend, hit me up. This is match 2 on my hopefully 5 match schedule.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Just that I bet you'll be more competitive than you think, and you'll get a shot at the prize table.
Didn't mean to make it sound negative.
You'll have a blast either way!

I emailed NRL to try and change my registration to Open Light. Got my gun all configured and I’m a few oz under 12 lbs. Been working on building stable positions and using the tripod a lot. Really looking forward to this match and shooting every weekend to get ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone who’s shot it with a bdl what’s the rules in regards to loading? Can I load it and leave the bolt open like I would a mag or do you load on the clock?

I know bdl isn’t ideal but that’s my only option now. My 3006 will hold 5 down. Best yet is that it’s got an swfa fixed 10 on it

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone who’s shot it with a bdl what’s the rules in regards to loading? Can I load it and leave the bolt open like I would a mag or do you load on the clock?

I know bdl isn’t ideal but that’s my only option now. My 3006 will hold 5 down. Best yet is that it’s got an swfa fixed 10 on it
You have to load on the clock, so it will be a little more of a challenge for sure.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
The Nightforce Snake River Outdoorsman match went live for registration. Seth and Brian put on a fantastic match! I talked to Seth and he said they have a spot in the foothills that should be pretty cool.

ID_Matt

WKR
The Nightforce Snake River Outdoorsman match went live for registration. Seth and Brian put on a fantastic match! I talked to Seth and he said they have a spot in the foothills that should be pretty cool.

I'm in for open light. Hope to see some roksliders there! Seth and Brian put on one of the best matches around in my opinion. If it is anything like the last few 2 day matches they have done, this venue will be legit!

parshal

WKR
Anyone here go to the CO match last weekend? 10 degrees Sunday morning and saw a lot of bipods frozen. My bolt was sticky for the first few stages. Good testing of gear for hunting!

id_jon

WKR
Just noticed this. Appears that you can shoot 6's in factory division now. Not sure when that change was made.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.3 KB · Views: 21

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
On the Friday sign in day at the Snake River Outdoorsman match, there will be a rimfire NRL Hunter event that has a big sponsor supporting it. I'll be the MD for that little side match, so expect tiny targets and crappy positions.