2023 Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

ColoradoV

WKR
After being out for last year due to an injury I am looking forward to be back at it this year.

Funny but my daughter was bugging me to pull out her bow yesterday as at 11 she is taking hunters safety. This will be her first year in the draws and it seems some of the boys in her class don’t think she can hunt or shoot so she needed a video. Seems dem boyz are in for a wake up call 😂..

Fatcamp

WKR
I'm changing sights and going to a Whisker Biscuit rest.

I will shoot in most of my stuff, off my knees, 47 yards. Thinking about rain or shine, wind or calm.

You guys talk about snow. Add snow and wind! This may be a little rough. We have been hitting 70 mph winds consistently at my house. Where I can go shoot, there is probably going to be a tad more wind then that. Gotta love living on the plains.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You guys talk about snow. Add snow and wind! This may be a little rough. We have been hitting 70 mph winds consistently at my house. Where I can go shoot, there is probably going to be a tad more wind then that. Gotta love living on the plains.
Don't worry, you got plenty of time. That's why I started this thread to get a feel for timing.

I'm not worried about people not ready with their equipment too much as that's why we host this, to get guys moving early. But the weather has too cooperate a bit, too.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got the new arrows fletched up ready to go.
cc97ec9ceb93582861ab8bdc8c8182f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK Guys, this will by a Late April/May competition this year. Looking like April 29th-May 27 BUT wait for official announcement.

and don’t relax and think you have plenty of time now LOL.

I got my new Mathews Phase 4 set up and shooting last Saturday. I had an elbow injury that kept off my bow longer than I remember in many years, no shooting Oct-to last weekend. Not good. But I’m flipping sticks now.

you?

Debating on throwing new strings on now or wait till after. Currently shooting pretty good and plan 2 add some distance compared to last year

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Ten Bears

WKR
bought myself a Matrix target for Christmas. Have it set up in the basement in my 16 yard range! once the weather stops being a jerk it’s going outside to hopefully extend my range this year.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Debating on throwing new strings on now or wait till after. Currently shooting pretty good and plan 2 add some distance compared to last year

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I'd do it now, then once challenge is over, you're set for hunting season as long you don't blow something up.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
ive been blank bailing through paper in the dark with 2 eye patches for the last month in preparation. thinking ill take a vow of silence the week of the competition to really hone in the accuracy gains.

Setting up a new Bowtech Solution for hunting this year. Still in the process of broadhead tuning. Need to get it dialed in before the contest starts. Need to offload the Realm before the wife starts asking questions about the amount of bows in the gun room. Realm shot extremely well but having the deadlock technology is amazing for tuning.