10mm recommendation for the fairer sex

TheGDog

WKR
If no one has mentioned it, you might want to try a Glock G29, but make sure you get the Pearce Magazine base-plate which gives it a pinky extension for improving gripping it. 10-rd Mags. And shaved 7oz off carrying my Ruger Security-Six 4". Plus you can set yourself up with a Kydex sheath hanging underneath your bino harness!

EDIT: Oh ok... later saw that you picked up something already.

Last edited:

WoodBow

WKR
I read that title 3 times before i figured out it did not say "10 mm recommendation for farrier sex"

OP
Greyinggrayling
I read that title 3 times before i figured out it did not say "10 mm recommendation for farrier sex"
You might need more firepower if you’re planning on horse sex. I’d recommend a .45-70. But that subject has been covered to exhaustion so no need to review it again.

Last edited:

brolo

FNG
Buffalo Bore is the most readily available.

However, once the realization that head shots are the only thing that will stop a bear, most good blind to barrier ammo will do just fine.
For big bear defense, what’s the advantage of using buffalo bore/underwood hardcast vs something like federal HST or hornady critical duty? The latter two options seem to penetrate over 12” through barriers, which seems to be acceptable for North American animal terminal wounding (based on reading throughout this site). With a 9mm, the hardcast options penetrate 4-6 ft. Using one type of ammo for city and woods would be nice, and I don’t know that 4-6 feet of penetration incapacitates faster…unless I’m getting charged by a 10 foot bear running backwards behind auto glass and I need to reach vitals via the scenic route.

What am I missing?