Zebra light battery 18650 failed

dotman

WKR
Well after almost two years just had my first battery fail. I emailed them to see if there was any warranty as their general warranty is only a year. At $20 a battery I thought they would last longer but really I would of spent more then $20 on AA batteries over the last two years so I'm not complaining. Just glad it happened now.

Ordered up 2 Panasonic 3400mah batteries to try out and still have one other Zebra going strong as of today. If the other fails I guess I'll assume these batteries are only good for two years of use. Still cheaper then using disposable batts.

When it comes to 18650 batteries there seems to be a HUGE difference when it comes to quality? Best place for answers is Candlepower forums.

I wish I could get my mini LED flashlight in a headlamp version. I use that thing just about every day for something and a single AA battery lasts long enough that I can't even remember the last time I changed it. In fact, whenever the AA batteries go supposedly dead in another product, I keep using one of those in this flashlight and it just keeps on going. It's a Lifegear LG323. I use this thing more for hunting than my headlamp. The only time I use the headlamp is when I'm breaking down an animal in the dark.

I have used a bunch of different brands. I have had the best luck with ZL and thru nite. I have one ZL with well over 50 charges on it. But some only get around 20-30 then crap out

The Obtronics I use are made with Panasonic cells , they are rated for 500 cycles , don't think I'd live long enough to test that , I've charged them 4 times in the last year , they last a long time per charge .

Yes, I have dotman.

JG358 is right, there are not very many battery manufacturers.

If you want to learn more than you want to about batteries and flashlights I agree with hammer check out the candlepower forum. They are nerds just like us.

UPDATE!!! Zebra light is going to replace it, I just have to mail the defective battery back.

Back