Evolution Outdoors Jekyll & Hyde

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Do they fly quietly? Or do they make a whistle/hum in the air?
I have not noticed any whistle or humming with these broadheads. I have some vented iron will heads that make the humming sound you’re describing. I just got released from the doctor to start shooting my bow again. I’ll send a couple arrows down range tomorrow and see if I can detect any noise that I might not have heard.

Bowfinn

FNG
The mechanical blades on the Hyde’s I just received have slight movement when they are locked. Is this normal or do I have to tighten something down?

OP
Bergy-Bowsmith
The mechanical blades on the Hyde’s I just received have slight movement when they are locked. Is this normal or do I have to tighten something down?
You can tighten them slightly if you'd like just don't open and close them repeatedly otherwise you will damage the set pin and have to replace it

TheViking

WKR
You can tighten them slightly if you'd like just don't open and close them repeatedly otherwise you will damage the set pin and have to replace it
Do not over tighten them though, that tension also plays a role in how they open up. I would suggest actually opening one up and ruining the pin. Play with that tension screw and see how it works.

Bowfinn

FNG
Do not over tighten them though, that tension also plays a role in how they open up. I would suggest actually opening one up and ruining the pin. Play with that tension screw and see how it works.
Thanks! They sent more than enough pins so I used one and played with the the tension. It required very little tension to stop the movement.

TheViking

WKR
Thanks! They sent more than enough pins so I used one and played with the the tension. It required very little tension to stop the movement.

Yup, doesn’t take much. I have found that putting the Allen in there, turning it with your fingers on the long part and not using the ‘L’ portion of the Allen, stop the second it gets snug and that seems to work.

Wolf13

FNG
Anybody use the turkey blades? Have some guillotines for turkeys, but based on where I'm hunting the shots are looking closer to 30-35, and not sure I have time to tune the bow for the guillotines.

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I tried the fixed last year and they shot right with my grim reaper micro hades. I took a whitetail in November with it and it seemed to do well. I did have to take the blades to a whetstone just a little bit. The 3 I got were sharp but did need some touch up. It was probably just the batch I got. Everyone else I know that has used them said they were great out of the box. I wouldn't hesitate to use it

Okie84

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Anybody use the turkey blades? Have some guillotines for turkeys, but based on where I'm hunting the shots are looking closer to 30-35, and not sure I have time to tune the bow for the guillotines.
I haven’t used the turkey blades, but have taken a few turkeys with the regular 100gr Hyde. I guessed this one to be at 40 yds..he was closer to 50. It resulted in a poor shot. Unfortunately, It destroyed one thigh, but he didn’t go anywhere. The cut was nasty.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpeg
    IMG_0117.jpeg
    779.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: