You like your truck camper shell for Hunting?

fishslap

WKR
I’ll never not have a topper/camper shell. No need to worry about gear being in the open, seems like I can stack things higher without worrying about securing everything, and I can sleep back there and stay mobile. I also do a lot of ice fishing so it’s nice to have my sled and rod holders all setup ready to go and not worry about things getting stolen. I also have the Yakima bars for my fly rod holder, kayak, or storage rack. I use a bed rug in the back also.

packer58

WKR
Security, weather protection and a part time hotel ...........what's not to like. Iv'e never had a pickup without one. I splurged a little on my last one and did the keyless deal and it locks with my key fob with the rest of the truck.

ODB

WKR
I like my toppers for sure - spent many, many days in them.

I’m thinking about a decked system to go along with it…but selling the liner, getting it sprayed, then putting in the decked sounds like a real pain in the ass…0

Put an ARE MX and Decked system on my Ram 1500 last summer. Can't believe I waited so long to do this. Totally improves the utility of the truck, esp. the ability to car camp.

Reactions: ODB
Love my canopy for the same reasons others have shared here. Mostly dry storage, place to sleep if needed, gear and other stuff out of sight/locked up, keeps the cooler out of the sun, etc. I won't ever not have one for my truck. You can set up a winching system in your garage for easier on and off as well like some I know. Dirt bike goes on a hitch carrier on the back receiver.

Jcvr

FNG
Once I got a topper, I'll never have a truck without one. A rack system on top of it is very handy for carrying long stuff like ladders, lumber, etc. Having a way to remove it and put back on easily is pretty invaluable too.

Delta21

FNG
I hated the idea, forever. Always said that it stopped a truck from being a truck, until a week's worth of clothing & camping gear got drenched in a 9 hour torrential downpour on a drive to Florida. I was wet the day I arrived & so freaking miserable, I went home. No way of drying anything at 90+% humidity.

I picked up a $75 Facebook special for my old truck & immediately swore is never not have one.

I ordered one for my new truck on the drive home from the Ford dealer.

View attachment 681897
View attachment 681901
That OBS though!