Yeti releases $400 cast iron skillet

All you laughing about a 400 dollar pan I suggest you never go to le cruset, those enameled pots and pans will blow your mind. But if my wife fancy cook wear who am I to argue. She doesn’t give me too much grief for 2k rifles, 1k suppressors and I think they seem the same to her as high dollar pots seem to me haha
Le Creuset, while not exactly cheap, is still a screaming bargain compared to this thing.

I prefer my cast iron cooking utensils to the light weight utensiles. Even in camp.

My only drawback I have encountered was that the first stove I bought was a general electric range. Over just a few years the connectors for the heating units broke down from the reflected heat. We replaced it with a propane range and lately a propane cooktop that handles the heat more effectively.

The cast iron cookware was initially designed for wood cookstoves. In a society that wants to drive us to electric ranges, may find that it will drive us rural folks back to wood cookstoves. I remember how pleasant breakfast was as I was growing up with a toasty warm kitchen and the wood stove. Not effected by blackouts.

$210 buys you a beautiful work of art 12" cast iron pan that is also made in the USA.

Maverick1

WKR
Nobody is even talking about the weight. LOL. Been backpack hunting a long time and never carry a stove or pot. (Yes, I cold camp every year. No freeze dried, no instant meals, no coffee). That’ll have to all change now that this bad boy has arrived on the scene. Nothing like lugging a $400, 89 pound skillet into the National Forest. “Because it’s a Yeti!” LOL. Pass.

Unpopular opinion I’m sure but cast iron is a waste of time. I won’t own a pan I can’t just rinse off and throw in the dishwasher.

I’d rather what I’m cooking taste like the ingredients in the dish not be depended on how I seasoned a pan.

Lazy I guess
Game changer with sous vide for steaks/dinner parties with steaks

I like mine

Exactly. Steaks on a bbq are great but I’m growing to prefer this method. Anyone who hasn’t cooked a steak on searing hot cast iron is missing out. Bring steak to room temp, kosher salt, white hot cast iron, flip / flip. Perfect. Recall Alton Brown did a detailed show on this method if you care to google it.
I haven't grilled a steak in over 2 years...back when I could afford steaks........

$400....what the f**K !!! While i don't mind using a nice cast iron from time to time to me the best fry pans out there are the non-stick wood handled granite ones. The heat retention is amazing, I've yet to have any food stick to them and cleaning them is unbelievably easy.

I have yeti drink containers for my coffee and can barely tolerate that $40 I spend.

Don’t have yeti cooler, always used Canyon Coolers which I always found a good sale on

But stuff like this is just Ridic for the price of a frying pan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It weighs about the same as an average rifle. In the back country, it can be used to kill anything, and then cook it. Skillet kill hunting is the next step up from archery. It requires an unprecedented level of stealth and skill . You’ve never felt a true adrenaline rush until you‘ve wwhacked a bull elk in the head with a skillet! Considering all that, $400 is not a bad deal.

Also, it says yeti right on it, which I’ve noticed, is worth about $ three-fitty …

mic drop

Unpopular opinion I’m sure but cast iron is a waste of time. I won’t own a pan I can’t just rinse off and throw in the dishwasher.

I’d rather what I’m cooking taste like the ingredients in the dish not be depended on how I seasoned a pan.

Lazy I guess

Cast iron is super easy to clean if you know how to do it. I can clean a well seasoned disgusting cast iron skillet in a few seconds using heat and water.

Steam it like a flat griddle and everything pours right out. I rarely have to scrape anything.

As to the $400 Yeti skillet, there are plenty of expensive cast iron options and there is a difference between those and say a typical Lodge skillet. Even the Yeti one is hand forged, although by a 3rd party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly. Steaks on a bbq are great but I’m growing to prefer this method. Anyone who hasn’t cooked a steak on searing hot cast iron is missing out. Bring steak to room temp, kosher salt, white hot cast iron, flip / flip. Perfect. Recall Alton Brown did a detailed show on this method if you care to google it.

Yes sir. Cast iron puts a heck of a crust and makes a mighty fine sear on a steak.

2670968eeb3534bdd63b882b05b082d3.jpg

And a hamburger too.

92f704704b25517e26b96011eb6f20bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fixed it for ya
Toyota/Lexus is blatant in their advertising of image.
Drive a Toyota/Lexus and everyone will know how cool you are!
Excessive lighting in traffic to draw attention to yourself...Put a YETI sticker on the back window and double your overland cred!