Wyoming NR Special increase headed for the Gov's signature

OP
W

wapitibob

WKR
Can someone explain it?

Special elk is $1200 now.. whats the app fee

the special license is a combination of the regular license plus an "additional special licensee fee"

post #1
$1258 + $707 (the $707 is the regular license plus app fee)

" ........ The following fees shall be collected by the department and are in addition to the nonresident license fee for the appropriate big game species imposed under subsection (j) of this section and the application fee imposed under subsection (e) of this section:

(i) Nonresident elk license ...... $576.00 $1,258.00 in addition to the license fee imposed under paragraph (j)(xix) of this section;

(ii) Nonresident deer license .... $288.00 $826.00 in addition to the license fee imposed under paragraph (j)(xv) of this section;

(iii) Nonresident antelope license ..... $288.00 $874.00 in addition to the license fee imposed under paragraph (j)(xxxi) of this section. ...."

Rich M

WKR
This will severely impact point creep on the regular side but help it for those that want to pay. Sad thing is this is a huge win for outfitters. The guys they cater to will be able to draw much more frequently.
Ida know, man...

Paying this kind of bling every year will get old. And then add that on top of the guide fees...

Might open the field for newer guys to go guided or DIY in the future?

TheTone

WKR
Arizona’s the crazy one. Their fish and game department paid influencers to promote AZ hunting and get more hunters into their state. Now they are limiting opportunity. Well, why try to recruit more hunters in the first place then?
Because a bunch of product companies and their influencers were pumping the recruitment narrative so much that everyone bought into it. All that stuff seems to have been nothing more than companies wanting to recruit people to buy clothes, knives, tents and other gear

Ida know, man...

Paying this kind of bling every year will get old. And then add that on top of the guide fees...

Might open the field for newer guys to go guided or DIY in the future?
Folks booking guides and going every year could care less about the bling...they are pissed now because they can't go every year..hence the change in the law...Teton county is the richest county in the richest country in the world majority of comes from NR...let that sink in. Even if one guy gets tired of all the bling there are at least 10 others willing to take his spot

This will severely impact point creep on the regular side but help it for those that want to pay. Sad thing is this is a huge win for outfitters. The guys they cater to will be able to draw much more frequently.
An extra $758 bucks is a whole hell of a lot cheaper than a guide/outfitter. Shit, skip the hotels, bring a buddy and share gas, and eat sandwiches along the way instead of fast food and it’s pretty much covered.

I wouldn’t be happy about the extra money for the tag, but I’d be happy it’s one less client for scumbag outfitters.

An extra $758 bucks is a whole hell of a lot cheaper than a guide/outfitter. Shit, skip the hotels, bring a buddy and share gas, and eat sandwiches along the way instead of fast food and it’s pretty much covered.

I wouldn’t be happy about the extra money for the tag, but I’d be happy it’s one less client for scumbag outfitters.

The Special premium price is $1258 on top of the $758 for a regular tag, but your point still stands.

Laramie

WKR

I don't think the outfitters are scumbags and as pointed out above, you almost $1300 short. Outfitters have a place for sure but when rules have to be changed to cater to them, it bothers me.

As to your suggestions, many of us on here already did those things to make it affordable at the previous regular pricing. While that regular isn't changing price, it is going to become a much more difficult tag to obtain. Cherish those tags when you draw them guys...

I don't think the outfitters are scumbags and as pointed out above, you almost $1300 short. Outfitters have a place for sure but when rules have to be changed to cater to them, it bothers me.

As to your suggestions, many of us on here already did those things to make it affordable at the previous regular pricing. While that regular isn't changing price, it is going to become a much more difficult tag to obtain. Cherish those tags when you draw them guys...
I get it, and I was comparing it to the Special tag I drew last year.

And not all outfitters are scumbags. I allowed my anger to paint them all in a bad light and that’s not fair… I had one take pitty on my one year during a snowstorm and offered me a place in their lodge for free one year. Those were definitely some good folks.

But some (who try and manipulate how public wildlife is allocated for the sole benefit them and their clients) are definitely scumbags.

WYFG:
For one low monthly payment of $164.99 you too can apply for the Wyoming special elk draw! But that's not all campers, act now and we will only charge you additionally for your conservation stamp, archery stamp, etc. Etc. . .

Guys on rokslide:
This, this, this is outrageous! Criminal! Down right evil! The audacity of these guys! I'm done, it's over! (Jumps into $70k and rolls his $2000 tires in protest!). I'll just take my $28,000 of gear and play in someone else's playground!!!

Ok I'm done, yes it sucks, no I don't like it, but if it thins enough guys out of the special I just might put in for it next year! I mean lots of stuff cost money, just decide what your willing to pay and make it happen, maybe your elk obsession turns into an upland bird obsession. Just got to make things work however they can!