Wyoming NR Special increase headed for the Gov's signature

wapitibob

WKR
HB200 passed today, just needs Gov's signature.

NR special prices for 2024
Elk $1258 + regular price/app fee ($707)
Deer $826 + regular license/app fee ($389)
Antelope $874 + regular license/app fee ($341)

NR prices for big 5, 2024
BHS $3000
Goat $2750
Moose $2750
Bison $6000
G Bear if/when $7500

$1215 for an antelope tag. :ROFLMAO: Bastards. I was trying to burn those points this year.

The idea of paying the crazy prices and getting a tag that some WYOGA prick was hoping a client would draw is about the only happy thought I can come up with in relation to this.

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
I can smell my points burning. Aint looking back.

I think they should work thru the piint holders before the nonpoint holders. Then after thay sold off the 100,000 or do tags over x years, then do the free-for-all bs the entitled generation wants. Just honor the points first.

Bobbyboe

WKR
2k for an elk tag is darn steep.

I also wish they’d end the point scam. A special/regular lottery would be interesting….

2k for an elk tag is darn steep.

I also wish they’d end the point scam. A special/regular lottery would be interesting….

How about $1200 for an antelope, when I can get a tag in at least 2 neighboring states for less than $300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbyboe

WKR
How about $1200 for an antelope, when I can get a tag in at least 2 neighboring states for less than $300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t disagree. The argument is that the special draw should have better odds. With this change it will.

It’s just a butter pill to swallow how Wyoming had decided to stick it to non residents so badly. Between the 90/10, increased tag prices, 7 day head start on shed hunting, etc. I’d love it if they actually did something to benefit non residents, eliminate points! It that too much to ask for?

southLA

WKR
Well, he is friends with one of the biggest cheerleaders for screwing NR’s, Buzz.

Social media, including Newberg, hold the biggest blame. They got rich off of the wild game in western states. The advertised “easy to draw” tags and now we all have to live with the consequences.
HEY HERE’S ALL THE EASY TAGS TO DRAW, INTERNET.

Let’s look at all the positives of these new prices.

1. The hunters that are blessed financially will be able to hunt more often.

2. The hunters that aren’t blessed financially should have a little more money since they will be hunting less often. They can use that money to donate to Con orgs, corner crossing, etc.

3. With the extra money coming in from the new special price, Wyoming will be able to cut more non res tags and still balance their budget.

So win win and win.

Marble

WKR
I hope this doesn't pass. I don't know all of the details of how they have justified the cost increase, but something doesn't seem right.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk