WY Results

slick

WKR
Clarktar and I drew together. Hopefully punch our tags in the archery season, but might end up heading back for rifle.

sneaky

"DADDY"
^^this. Fires took their toll in some of those zones

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
Clarktar and I drew together. Hopefully punch our tags in the archery season, but might end up heading back for rifle.

Maybe last 8 days archery, first 8 days rifle. Could be a fun way to get at it.

slick

WKR
Yeah that would be an interesting way to go... I have to spend 3-4 days in MN for a damn wedding from 9/26-9/30 or so..:mad::mad:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah that would be an interesting way to go... I have to spend 3-4 days in MN for a damn wedding from 9/26-9/30 or so..:mad::mad:
Who plans weddings during hunting season? WTH?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here is my first post.

I turned 65 in January and I haven’t hunted elk in going on 40 years. (I am a dedicated eastern whitetail hunter, and I hunted elk only a few times back in the late 70’s and early ‘80’s, then got busy with a career and gave it up.)I was talking with my old college roommate while we were fishing last spring...he has a ranch in Lander...and out of the blue out came “hey, let’s go shoot an elk this fall”. (Before you think it, his place isn’t big and if there’s ever been an elk on it, I don’t know about it.)

So, to tighten up the tale, I did a little research, remembered pretty quick that non residents don’t just “go shoot an elk” and concluded that with zero preference points, I pretty much wasn’t going to be shooting any elk this year no matter what. But I paid my nickel, took my chance and drew a general tag for ‘19! We will likely start with looking at 28 and 98. I’m retired and planning on hitting it hard from open to close.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
Please excuse my ignorance if this question is common knowledge to hunters of Wyoming, but I’m new to the point game and can’t seem to figure this out. How do you earn a half point? I see a lot of people drew or didn’t draw claiming to have X.5 points. Where does the .5 point get earned? Thanks.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please excuse my ignorance if this question is common knowledge to hunters of Wyoming, but I’m new to the point game and can’t seem to figure this out. How do you earn a half point? I see a lot of people drew or didn’t draw claiming to have X.5 points. Where does the .5 point get earned? Thanks.
If you apply with others Wyoming will average the point total of the group.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Wy Refund hit this morning. That was quick.

Idaho take a note how that’s supposed to happen and don’t hold my 3k for six additional weeks.,.,

slick

WKR
Wedding is my best friend since I bounced his ass off the back of a 4wheeler and split his skull open when we were 7-8. He doesn’t hunt, and is a physical therapist for an MLB team. I can suck up 4 days of my life to be there with him. But trust me, it twists my guts that they couldn’t do it a week later- but again, not my day. It’s theirs.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
Wedding is my best friend since I bounced his ass off the back of a 4wheeler and split his skull open when we were 7-8. He doesn’t hunt, and is a physical therapist for an MLB team. I can suck up 4 days of my life to be there with him. But trust me, it twists my guts that they couldn’t do it a week later- but again, not my day. It’s theirs.

Sometimes there are just things more important than hunting season. Good on you.