Would you buy this scope?

Dobermann

WKR
There’s no way they haven’t had friends and associates send them dozens of links to this forum. They know.

My theory anyway.
No need for it to be a theory - at least the last part. They know. Multiple of us have pointed them to the threads here. When you speak with them, they know all about it.

However, for a little while, they hadn't twigged that going on a podcast and then misrepresenting the drop eval, and even seeming to belittle this customer base of theirs would, in turn, be noticed and commented upon ...

But they know about that now, too! :)

Dobermann

WKR
Scope specs:

FFP 3-12x40 to 3-12x44mm

Consistently holds zero through 3-foot drops and 3,000 rounds of constant use.

The reticle is specially designed for 25 to 600 yards, with bold outer posts and correct center aiming references.

Zero Stop

Low profile top turret.

Capped windage.

Large eye box

Good glass

20oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes.

Likely two ordered up front, and approx. 7 or so over time.

Dobermann

WKR
For those wanting to delve more into the history of thought behind this project, the two posts below are starting points.

Then read Form's eval of the Minox XP5 and Maven RS 1.2, and associated Q&A threads, in detail ...

This might help answer some of the questions / issues throughout this current thread about specs, performance, and so on.

Here’s the recipe-

1). Mid power 3 or 4x in the low end, 12-16x on the high end.

2). 30mm, 42-45mm objective.

3). sub 24oz weight

4. Specifically designed and built to stay zeroed through impacts and drops.

5). Locking or zero stopped low pro elevation turret, capped windage designed and built for consistent and repeatable use

6). Front focal plane, Mil/Mil with a reticle that is specially designed for low and high power visibility. Cut to the chase and use the THLR reticle from @THLR

7. Large, forgiving eyebox, large FOV if possible.

Then take that scope and actually test them versus the “tests” that everyone does, before placing on the market

1728376481644.png

1728376341163.png1728376376630.png

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
No need for it to be a theory - at least the last part. They know. Multiple of us have pointed them to the threads here. When you speak with them, they know all about it.

However, for a little while, they hadn't twigged that going on a podcast and then misrepresenting the drop eval, and even seeming to belittle this customer base of theirs would, in turn, be noticed and commented upon ...

But they know about that now, too! :)
No my theory isn't that they don't know Rokslide is driving sales, more that they accidentally spec'd a scope from LOW that happens to be rugged while their other scopes aren't. As long as they hold inventory in those (non-ruggedized) scopes, they can't acknowledge that only one model they sell is worth mounting to a rifle.

Perhaps their next gen 3 series RS scope will be ruggedized as well if their accountants decide to sign up for unprecendented demand.

JGRaider

WKR
Some of this crowd needs to come to grips with the fact that the RS influence on the rifle scope optics market is less than miniscule.

Macintosh

WKR
Some of this crowd needs to come to grips with the fact that the RS influence on the rifle scope optics market is less than miniscule.
I've said the same before. It's not wrong. At the same time, most of us, me included, dont know what kind of volume per sku registers as "significant" for various companies...the answer is virtually certainly not the same for Maven as it is for Leupold, just for instance. Ryan/Form/et al have the rokstock to point to as a case-study for relative volume, ie when they floated that idea they got X# of responses, and eventually sold a concrete # of stocks within a certain period of time...so in this case it would not be a stretch to say "based on the ratio of responses to actual sales there, we think we wil get a similar ratio on this scope, so based on X# of positive responses we guess we will sell X# of these scopes". That is pretty concrete as these things go. At that point it's just a matter of how much development cost and time, how much time you need to buy inventory for and how quickly they need to pay for it, ie if the minimum order quantity will take 6 months to sell at their estimated rate of sales, can they afford to buy 6 months of inventory under whatever the payment terms of the buy are. It either is worth the risk or it isnt, but it aint my money so I say if they pull it off good on them.

Last edited:

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Would you say 32,000 individual click throughs in 26 days is "miniscule". Hint, most scope brands don't produce or have scopes produced in this quantity on a per year basis.

Yes, the overall target market is "small" but it is growing every month. Look at prime example of scopes on perpetual backorder simply because of how few optics meet requirements.

Do you think this thread would even exist if every manufacturer or brand house said "no, there is no market for this". Forecasting and EAU's are tricky no matter what industry, optics in general is niche at it's core anyway.

amassi

WKR
People need to understand NO NICHE IS TOO SMALL.
My buddy and his wife make over six figures setting up halloween, fall and Christmas decorations as a side job, I’m sure they would have been laughed out of a small business loan officers office if they had pitched it.
Mfgs choose to fight over the same PRS sales and ignore a subset of hunters at their own peril. Someone could make a nice little chunk of change AND own that market. Weird idea I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JGRaider

WKR
Let's see, if everyone on this thread actually bought what they promised to buy, about 150 scopes or so would be sold. Yeah, that's miniscule compared to the overall market no matter how you slice it.