Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

Bbell12

WKR
Thanks again for doing this Form. I bought this scope after the results of the initial drop eval and have not been disappointed since. Am happy to see it’s passed with flying colors.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Thanks again for doing this Form. I bought this scope after the results of the initial drop eval and have not been disappointed since. Am happy to see it’s passed with flying colors.

No problem. It has been a very solid scope. I don’t prefer the reticle on low powers, but it’s usable.

Great job on the long term scope review. Have never seen a review with these kind of updates and round count. May have to try one.

Marshfly

WKR
Form, can you elaborate on this update? I wasn't sure how to parse 'It wasn't zeroed' ... Cheers!

If I had to guess, I’d ponder that he simply dropped the scope back on the pic rail and started firing without any adjustment.

Thus more #winning. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Form, can you elaborate on this update? I wasn't sure how to parse 'It wasn't zeroed' ... Cheers!

Mounted it, boresighted, fired two rounds, and adjusted based off of those two shots. Then what is shown in the picture is from the next five shots, drops, three shots. I didn’t make an effort to get a real zero before dropping it.

Dobermann

WKR
Hi Form, not too long ago, I remember you posting for crossover/hunting use, you'd want 3 or 4 to 12 or to 16x, 30 mm tube, 42-45 mm objective, and sub 24 oz with a useable field reticle.

Given this bumps NF out, and I think you said this Trij has a better reticle than the LRHS/LRTS options ... does that suggest the Tenmile 3-18 x 44 would be your current pick of the bunch for that application?

And, when considering all factors (size, weight, and so on), with the benefits the THLR reticle gives on the ZP5, which of the two would be your choice for an overall general purpose option? (This is assuming Minox don't suddenly come out with a 3-15 ish ZP5!).

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Hi Form, not too long ago, I remember you posting for crossover/hunting use, you'd want 3 or 4 to 12 or to 16x, 30 mm tube, 42-45 mm objective, and sub 24 oz with a useable field reticle.

That would be ideal.

Given this bumps NF out, and I think you said this Trij has a better reticle than the LRHS/LRTS options ... does that suggest the Tenmile 3-18 x 44 would be your current pick of the bunch for that application?

Oof. I mean no, the SWFA 3-9x is still the best all around 0-700 yard hunting scope on the market. The SWFA 3-15x is solid as well. Between the LRHS and this Trijicon, yes I would choose the Tenmile FFP.

And, when considering all factors (size, weight, and so on), with the benefits the THLR reticle gives on the ZP5, which of the two would be your choice for an overall general purpose option? (This is assuming Minox don't suddenly come out with a 3-15 ish ZP5!).

While the ZP5 I have has been stellar so far, I wouldn’t say it is a general purpose hunting scope. It is too large, heavy and expensive. Nor would I say the 3-18x Tenmile is a true general purpose scope, it certainly works in that role but again the SWFA 3-9x or 3-15x is better (mainly due to reticle) all things considered. As a more dedicated LR hunting rifle: of everything available so far, the ZP5 and the 3-18x Tenmile I believe have the best overall build/design/setup.

If most use on animals will be 600 yards and under, with some past 600 out to 900 plus yards= SWFA 3-9x.

If most use on animals will legitimately be past 600 yards, but some will be close range= Trijicon 3-18x Tenmile (unless you have a ZP5 THLR).

That’s about where I am standing at this point.

Helislacker

Lil-Rokslider
That would be ideal.

Oof. I mean no, the SWFA 3-9x is still the best all around 0-700 yard hunting scope on the market. The SWFA 3-15x is solid as well. Between the LRHS and this Trijicon, yes I would choose the Tenmile FFP.

While the ZP5 I have has been stellar so far, I wouldn’t say it is a general purpose hunting scope. It is too large, heavy and expensive. Nor would I say the 3-18x Tenmile is a true general purpose scope, it certainly works in that role but again the SWFA 3-9x or 3-15x is better (mainly due to reticle) all things considered. As a more dedicated LR hunting rifle: of everything available so far, the ZP5 and the 3-18x Tenmile I believe have the best overall build/design/setup.

If most use on animals will be 600 yards and under, with some past 600 out to 900 plus yards= SWFA 3-9x.

If most use on animals will legitimately be past 600 yards, but some will be close range= Trijicon 3-18x Tenmile (unless you have a ZP5 THLR).

That’s about where I am standing at this point.
What do you think of that 2-10x36 credo? It’s quite compact and 23oz. Also quite affordable.

Last edited:

atmat

WKR
I would just add that the SB Klassic 3-12x42 is pretty sweet, too, if you’re shooting mostly to 600 (or further if you’ve got a real flat shooter). Obviously still limited in elevation travel, but I don’t think it’s popular enough here.