Would you buy this scope?

N2TRKYS

WKR
I like higher magnification. I’ve never once had any trouble getting on target with them, but all my rifles fit me and point correctly.

I can shoot 600 yards with a fixed 6x, but do it better with higher magnification.

Not right now.

1. Not enough magnification for me.

2. You guys dropped the ball getting the stock out. Couldn’t imagine this would be any different.

To be fair, I think this is getting shopped out, just trying to get someone to do it.

I have the same sentiments, but I think this will be coming from a brand.

If it's an "exclusive" and only available from one place, I'll be a lot more hesitant unless they are shipping within 48 hrs, assuming positive reviews.

And once I got used to it, 10x has been fine for me shooting groundhogs to 400, so a max of 10-12x doesn't bother me at all anymore for most of what I'd be doing with a hunting scope.

ElPollo

WKR
If I picked a zoom level or reticle based on needing a follow up shot, I'd spend more time learning how to shoot and less time telling everybody else what they needed.
I actually said high zoom levels make it slower to get on target, harder to spot your impacts, and slower to get on target for follow-up shots. Which part do you disagree with and why?

Hondo64d

Lil-Rokslider
All:

It’s a serious question from Ryan. This is not just a feeler post. No presale or other nonsense.

If a 3-12x40’ish mil/mil scope was offered that was consistently reliable and durable, was tested heavily, had multiple reticles that were truly usable/visible from 3-12x, a good/great eyebox and DOF, low profile zero stop elevation and capped windage; and was under $1,500- would you buy it?
Yes.

John

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you hold over or dial, just curious. Very cool Sheep for sure and certain.

Hold over. I wasn’t going to shoot anything over 500 yards. I was really hoping for a 200 yard and under shot, but that didn’t happen. Range work payed off immensely :)

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
I guess your only supposed to comment on here if you like low mag scopes and are interested in this one 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

Personally never had an issue getting on target with scopes up to 18x. I’ve watched a pig react to impact from a 7 rem mag at 250 yards at 15x. Maybe recoil affects some people more than others.

Dave0317

WKR
I guess your only supposed to comment on here if you like low mag scopes and are interested in this one 🤷🏻‍♂️😆

Personally never had an issue getting on target with scopes up to 18x. I’ve watched a pig react to impact from a 7 rem mag at 250 yards at 15x. Maybe recoil affects some people more than others.
You can comment on anything, anywhere, but the OP asked who was interested in a scope with a specific set of specs that don’t exist in the current market. So suggesting something different (and that already exists) is of course going to be met with discussion on the pros and cons of those choices. Make the post, then be ready to discuss why you are right and why the OPs idea of making a new and different scope is not ideal.

If scopes with high top end mag, large zoom ratio, and small eye box work well for you, keep doing what you are doing. You are in luck, lots of them are already out there.

N2TRKYS

WKR
You can comment on anything, anywhere, but the OP asked who was interested in a scope with a specific set of specs that don’t exist in the current market. So suggesting something different (and that already exists) is of course going to be met with discussion on the pros and cons of those choices. Make the post, then be ready to discuss why you are right and why the OPs idea of making a new and different scope is not ideal.

If scopes with high top end mag, large zoom ratio, and small eye box work well for you, keep doing what you are doing. You are in luck, lots of them are already out there.
Who makes high magnification scopes that are 20 ounces, meets the drop test, returns to zero, with good glass, and are less than $1500?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Who makes high magnification scopes that are 20 ounces, meets the drop test, returns to zero, with good glass, and are less than $1500?
Plenty of 15x or higher options that meet all characteristics EXCEPT the weight. The most bare bones option in existance (3-15 swfa) is still 24oz.

Realize there are not any options even at 12x top end that meet all the goals. High magnification brings a weight penalty, so at this stage it is kind of wishful thinking to ask for 15x and higher.

The described scope seems feasible. Stretching the specs (mag range, zoom ratio, objective size) will quickly make it not feasible

N2TRKYS

WKR
Plenty of 15x or higher options that meet all characteristics EXCEPT the weight.
Not according to the guy I quoted. He’s said a few times that folks asking for higher magnification under these new scope specs already had plenty of options. I would be interested in one of those higher magnification scopes that met the new scope specs. That’s why I asked him who makes them.

GoatPackr

WKR
Sign me up. Preferably same or lower cost than the Maven RS1.2

Is this something that will be branded Shoot2Hunt?