Wod

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
2 miles this morning with my wife, grandkids and TE and then 3 (600') miles with TE this afternoon. Definitely a little niggle in my hamstring when I planted my foot a certain way, but no bad pain. I think I may have lucked out once again :)

AKQlu1i.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ I have no problem doing 3-5 miles in the morning w/o breakfast- this is in Zone 2 (relatively easy); harder or longer miles I need some calories before hand (and if long enough, during). Ditto on going to the gym and lifting, fasting is no bueno for me- I want a good meal under my belt

TripleJ

WKR
Today was a 3.5 mile walk with the Budster !
I'm having trouble in the gym , I get shaky and nauseous after working out for a while . Not getting my body what it needs as far as fuel , maybe ?
I have coffee , then Almonds and some fruit before I go . Maybe I need carbs ?
Everyone is different. I get nauseous if I eat before I work out, I have to do my workouts fasted. But I work out first thing in the morning. If I waited until 10 or 11 am to work out and didn't eat beforehand, I would get weak and shaky most likely. I think it comes down to your body type and what your body becomes accustomed to. I do pound down a lot of protein and clean carbs after I work out though. I am definitely shaky by then.

TripleJ

WKR
20 minute partner workout

Max cals C2 Bike
One partner bikes for as many cals as he can while the other partner completes...

1 round of...
3 double DB devils press
10 ring dip
3 double DB devils press
(complete 3 rounds each before moving on to next group of movements)

then

1 round of...
5 sit-ups
10 toes to bar
5 sit-ups
(complete 3 rounds each before moving on to next group of movements)

then

1 round of...
3 d-ball over the shoulder
200' d-ball bear hug carry
3 d-ball over the shoulder
(complete 3 rounds each before starting back at the top)

Haven’t missed a day. Just a slacker for forgetting to post.

Rotational movements and light legs this am. Trying to improve hip flexor and IT band mobility

db leg curls 20/15/15/15
Single leg exts 20/15/15/12
Monster walk with heavy band 4 sets
3 way Calf press on machine 4x60