Close Grip Bench- 45/95/135/185 x 20/20/20/12
DB 1-arm Row- 55/60/65/75 x 10/10/10/8
TRX Knees 2 Chest- x 15

Dip- 45lbs x 21
Pull Up- x 28
Farmer’s Carry- 95s x 45sec
1/2 mile run at 6:30 pace

3 sets of 6 Pull Ups with 15lb DB

Been gone all week. Need to do day job work for a while then shovel/plow 8+ inches of snow around our property with the youngest, then wrestling tournaments all weekend

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
ProTip: if you have a foot of snow, use snowshoes Stay tuned for more Pro Tips in the future :D

that's a great tip- thanks! :ROFLMAO:

4 miles (600') snowshoeing with Tiny Elvis; it's pretty close to TE's back, but it's not his first rodeo- he gets behind me and stays behind :)

UuDRqWP.jpg

sjwfarms

WKR
yesterday..

upper:
warm chest/delt flies 2x15
BB Bench 10/10/5/3/3/3 45/135/185/215/235/255
pull-up ladder to 5
Smith incline 3x10 + amrap 195/225/245 + 165
seated rows 10/8/8 140/160/160
core and stretching

7 degrees with the 9 inches of snow now covered in ice. Hopefully all gone by Tues/wed and can get back to normal routine.

10hrs of wrestling today got me thinking. I posted my WOD this morning, this evening I have a motivational post…

Despite Threads about the younger generation being soft, there are many kids out there that are tough as hell. They PT 3-4hrs a day on incredibly restrictive calorie intake diets. There are kids out there that will be loosing a match by 13 points and they are still going 100%, listening to their coaches and absolutely killing themselves to improve their position and not get pinned, even if they are in an incredibly painful body lock tilt or double arm bar.

The regulars here are consistent as hell. Some have to PT for our jobs, but most PT to simply be in good enough shape to hike and hunt wherever and however hard we want. Meanwhile, there are kids out there working their asses off and dealing with a lot of pain and adversity. I think about this stuff after a hard PT… then I EAT something! The future is not completely hopeless, there are some good kids out there. It was a good day.

Lift hard boyz!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
10hrs of wrestling today got me thinking. I posted my WOD this morning, this evening I have a motivational post…

Despite Threads about the younger generation being soft, there are many kids out there that are tough as hell. They PT 3-4hrs a day on incredibly restrictive calorie intake diets. There are kids out there that will be loosing a match by 13 points and they are still going 100%, listening to their coaches and absolutely killing themselves to improve their position and not get pinned, even if they are in an incredibly painful body lock tilt or double arm bar.

The regulars here are consistent as hell. Some have to PT for our jobs, but most PT to simply be in good enough shape to hike and hunt wherever and however hard we want. Meanwhile, there are kids out there working their asses off and dealing with a lot of pain and adversity. I think about this stuff after a hard PT… then I EAT something! The future is not completely hopeless, there are some good kids out there. It was a good day.

Lift hard boyz!

Agreed, plenty of hard working (and smart!) kids out there. I don't think we're going to hell in a hand basket as some would think.

A couple of years ago I was hunting a Block Management area (a sign in, anybody can go one) relatively frequently. It was a walk-in area and pretty big. It didn't take long to figure out that most folks were hiking a couple of miles and not much farther. I started hunting the outer edges of this area and began getting into more elk, leaving my truck 2-3 hours before daylight.

One morning just at shooting light (probably 4-5 miles in) I was setup behind my tripod and heard a noise behind me, thinking elk I very slowly turned around. Two young fellas about 18 years old. We had a great 5-10 minute conversation. They said they had been seeing my boot tracks in the snow the last couple of weeks and wondering who the heck was this guy :D. They belonged and were active in RMEF. They wished me good luck and even gave me their cell phone #'s, told me if I got something down to give them a call.

I can't tell you how positively that effected my thinking on the newer generations.

All is not lost that's for sure :)