Wod

sargent

WKR
2 miles Monday then I headed north to try to track down a whitetail. 6 miles on Tuesday on not quite enough snow to track in. Storm came in overnight Tuesday and dumped a few inches of new, wet snow. On Wednesday I hiked 9 miles and was able to connect with my second tracking buck ever. Not the biggest one up there, but since it's the only deer I've actually seen in a cumulative seven days of hunting the area, I wasn't passing him up. 1 mile today.23' Tracking Buck.jpg

Got back from The Strip yesterday. We walked several miles and climbed up to a 1000vert each day for over a week, It’s a mentally hard hunt for sure, but definitely not the most arduous. It’s hard to describe how vast and remote the area is. My wife shot a pretty damn good buck. The right side is everything you hope for down there. The overall larger frames on the bucks down there is impressive and its easy to pass on a buck that would have you shi**ing your pants in almost every other unit out there. My oldest tagged a MT mulie when we were driving home also.

This is the longest I’ve gone without a steady lifting regime for several years due to how all our hunts lined up. Did a 3 set, head to toe circuit just trying to hit everything. Lot of stretching and groaning as well.

Congrats to the elk and deer killers above @sjwfarms and @Squirrel Master View attachment 631120View attachment 631121View attachment 631122View attachment 631123
Congrats to your wife for an awesome buck!

state637

WKR
“12 Days of Thankfulness”
1 250m Row
2 Bar Muscle Ups
3 Dumbbell Thrusters 2-50#
4 Burpee Box Jumps 24”
5 Handstand Push-Ups
6 Romanian Deadlifts w DB 50#
7 Kettlebell Swings 53#
8 Single-Arm DB Snatches (4 each arm) 50#
9 Toes to Bar
10 Walking Lunges with Dumbbells 2-50#
11 Ring Dips
12 Man-Makers 2-50#

I took advantage of some Black Friday sales and got some more home gym stuff. I ordered a squat rack, flat bench, Olympic bar and some plates. I already have a rowing machine and a treadmill, along with an assortment of dumbbells and kettlebells. I should be pretty well set to do everything I need to do right here at home when it all comes in!! I hate going to the gym when it's crowded, and it's getting really close to that time of year.

Youngest went with his girlfriend and tracked a couple bulls. My oldest took his buddy out and they shot a mulie that scored 180. Wife had to work… so I took the dog.

Did 8mi and 1500vert. Saw several bucks including a smaller 4pt that I let walk. I also got into a group of elk and had a raghorn broadside feeding. Pretty good day until I saw boot tracks.

Did 9.5mi and 2600vert with my youngest son and the dog. The hike was a rodeo from about an hour before daylight. We didn’t see a damn thing. Not even a sheep.

@mtwarden said it yesterday. The air mass we’ve had for the last couple days is deceiving cold. It supposedly warmed up to 28 today and it felt like 10. The pic looks good though.
IMG_2638.jpeg

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammodotcom