Wod

state637

WKR
Strength
Every 2 minutes, for 16 minutes (8 sets):
Clean x 1.1 (2 single reps)
(rest 10 seconds between singles)

Build from approximately 65-70% to today’s heavy over the course of the eight sets.

Conditioning
12 Minute AMRAP
40 Double-Unders
10 Hang Power Cleans @115#
10 Front-Racked Alternating Reverse Lunges @115#

Today was my hail mary last day to hunt elk before committing the rest of November to my wife’s hunt. Met my oldest at 0330 and rolled to our elk spot. Cut some tracks in the exact same place as Tuesday. This time there was a raghorn at the end of them. My boy packed a hind and blade to the truck while I finished butchering the bull, shuttling him to the ridge, and then built a fire to cook elk smokies for lunch. Once he got back, we ate, then we packed the rest out. 7.5mi, 1500vert, with the second half loaded. Good day with the boy.
IMG_2562.jpeg

Today was my hail mary last day to hunt elk before committing the rest of November to my wife’s hunt. Met my oldest at 0330 and rolled to our elk spot. Cut some tracks in the exact same place as Tuesday. This time there was a raghorn at the end of them. My boy packed a hind and blade to the truck while I finished butchering the bull, shuttling him to the ridge, and then built a fire to cook elk smokies for lunch. Once he got back, we ate, then we packed the rest out. 7.5mi, 1500vert, with the second half loaded. Good day with the boy.
Well done sir!

View attachment 625101
Congrats on a successful hunt!

4 miles 1200’ elevation change at 5k. Back to flatland MN.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The elk proving a little elusive thus far, but am getting my rifle walked anyways :D 11 miles (1900')- made a "tactical" error trying to have some miles off at the end w/ a shortcut. Technically it was shorter, but not in time or effort- live and learn.

Also over the 1800 mile mark.

Ay1UPVH.jpg

sargent

WKR
1 mile dog walk the last four days. I've been trying to arrow a whitetail, but didn't cross paths with a shooter until this morning on my walk when I saw a nice buck in my neighbors yard. I also got in a few sprints playing football with my 9 year old boy and his buddy yesterday afternoon.