Will there ever be primers again?

MattB

WKR
panic buying when blue controls has happened but it doesn’t explain 2020 until now…
Yeah, “this” hasn’t previously happened in my lifetime. Or likely the lifetime of anyone else on this board.

Juan_ID

WKR
I got into reloading pretty late, believe it was mid 2019 and remember thinking “why would I spend $30 on a brick when I only shoot a few handfuls of rounds a year?” Boy do I wish I could go back and stock up a little bit haha.

With that said I have bought close to 20k srpm in the last year or so all online and lowest being around $75 a brick but no more than $85. Most have been sold or traded to friends with just enough to last me a few years. Not great but cheaper than anything local since all this crap started. I chose a bad time to get into it but glad I did seeing how much I’ve shot in the last year. Also very glad I switched both my rifles to shoot the same primer.

SeaRun1

FNG
I have not personally seen any primers other than Cheddite 209 primers anywhere in my area for at least a year. Could really use some LRP but will continue to keep looking.

SR1

Was checking out with some large rifle magnums and figured I'd check if they had any Varget or Staball if I was already paying hazmat. Rookie mistake as they went out of stock in that 3 min search.... SOAB

I have a handful of primers. Im sitting tight on what I got and waiting-hoping the price comes down. Honestly, I haven’t even looked for reloading supplies in 2 years. And I shoot quite a bit.

More importantly, I hope the retirees with too much time on their hands (who were waiting daily for cabelas to open up so they could buy them out to sell them at inflated prices) get hung with all of the ammo they bought at ridiculous prices…

Natches has CCI large rifle right now. I just bought 3 bricks.
I had 2 bricks in my cart, then when I saw hazmat and delivery fees I figured why not go ahead and just get 5. 1000 large and 1000 magnum have lasted me over the last 4 years since I started reloading, but I can't help but think 10+ years from now we will either be saying how $96/1000 was a steal, and/or we will be having to jump through all kinds of hoops and registries to just to buy components, if we can even still get them

Also, the only place near me that sells components is 45 min drive away and will only sell 200 primers to each person every so often.

Glad things are starting to loosen up for us

Tullis94

WKR
I had 2 bricks in my cart, then when I saw hazmat and delivery fees I figured why not go ahead and just get 5. 1000 large and 1000 magnum have lasted me over the last 4 years since I started reloading, but I can't help but think 10+ years from now we will either be saying how $96/1000 was a steal, and/or we will be having to jump through all kinds of hoops and registries to just to buy components, if we can even still get them

Also, the only place near me that sells components is 45 min drive away and will only sell 200 primers to each person every so often.

Glad things are starting to loosen up for us
I'm hoping 3 bricks will last me until I can get some locally. Hopefully when things ease up a bit the price will lower a little. 75-80 bucks per thousand sounds pretty good right now! 🤣

There has been plenty of SRP in stock at the last 3 sporting good stores I’ve visited. Nothing for LRP though.

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
Used ammoseek and ordered 1000 cci 200 LRP for about $150 shipped. That should last me until I can grab more locally. They have had 209 and small rifle in stock for weeks, but no large rifle for months. Thanks for the tip on using ammoseek.com.