Will there ever be primers again?

philcox

WKR
This is a somewhat rhetorical question, but I am starting to wonder if the individual hand loader is going to go extinct. Does anyone have insight as to if/when there might be a change? If not, I may need to buy a 7 PRC and go factory loads moving forward ...

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
Primers are available often, you just have to be fast and willing to part with the money. If we ever get another republican in office things will ease, and you best stock up.
I look every day, and have not seen a LRP or LRM in over 6 months. I look at Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, PowderValley, Precision Reloading, and Brownells ... if there are ones I am missing, let me know.

I look every day, and have not seen a LRP or LRM in over 6 months. I look at Midway, Midsouth, Natchez, PowderValley, Precision Reloading, and Brownells ... if there are ones I am missing, let me know.
Are you getting the notifications for when they come in stock. I could have bought multiple lrp. At least once a month. I have enough magnums and don’t check.

MThuntr

WKR
They were available for several hours this morning at Cabelas/Bass Pro. I saw Rem 9-1/2 the other day. I'm not even actively looking for them. I was actually looking for waders and happened to check. I missed H1000 this morning trying to pick out waders

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
They were available for several hours this morning at Cabelas/Bass Pro. I saw Rem 9-1/2 the other day. I'm not even actively looking for them. I was actually looking for waders and happened to check. I missed H1000 this morning trying to pick out waders
Assuming on-line? I’ll have to start looking there too.

I think the OP meant to something like "when can I walk into a retailer and find a mostly stocked assortment of primers at reasonable prices?" They may be 'available' now, but who likes to hunt them?

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
I think the OP meant to something like "when can I walk into a retailer and find a mostly stocked assortment of primers at reasonable prices?" They may be 'available' now, but who likes to hunt them?
I actually meant “anywhere”. I obviously and looking in the wrong places, as folks seem to be finding them. I will reevaluate my searching when I get home today.

MThuntr

WKR
Assuming on-line? I’ll have to start looking there too.
Two weeks ago they were at the Cabelas store I was in...I was in to grab a gift card for a friend and fondle one of those leftover black friday Savage Axis rifles. There was a decent stack of match small, mag small pistol, AR small rifle, large rifle match, and cheddite 209s...prices were outrageous. They had maybe 10 different powders including H4350 too.

Schism

WKR
Locally there are some CCI small rifle magnum primers on the shelf of a chain sporting goods store. They've been there for well over a week with a price tag of $90 per brick. Lots of 1# bottles of powder there too. It's been a long time since I've seen powder and primers in stores. I think demand is decreasing and supplies will be increasing, at least locally.

triglet40

FNG
Academy sports has had a few shipments come in near us. I bought 1k SRP the other day for 69 bucks. They are worth checking out if you have one near you. They didn’t have a limit on how many you could purchase.