Will AI take over your current job?

CorbLand

WKR
I just manage budgets. It very likely could but I don’t know if it would be able to trouble shoot issues.

Loggerdude

Lil-Rokslider
I question that because there sure seems to be a lot of people who don’t have to work. I haven’t figured out how that works yet.

inyago

FNG
Honestly, the whole AI program is to replace and enslave mankind. You did not know what Fauci was up to either so i don't know why you think you know the capabilities of AI are.
When someone like elon musk is saying there needs to be a stand down their is good reasons behind it.
Do not tell people you know what's going on in America because you do not, you appear to be heading down the failed state route faster than one realizes.

I was a consultant at a large, global accounting firm (+200k people). They were piloting programs in both the tax and audit divisions that could do 60-70% of the traditional work and in some was better than human performers. Everything was done in parallel for liability purposes ans checked by hand, but the expectations was that in 5 years 80-90% of simple work could be done by machines. Maybe another 5 years to fully implement. Most expected it to change the job substantially and would likely crater pricing.

for my part, I have been playing with chat GPT and it is crazy how much it will spit out wt such little prompting.

CJohnson

WKR
I think AI, automation, and machine learning are going to radically change the way humans function. I don’t think it’s going to be as cut and dry as AI replacing jobs per se, although I do think a lot of jobs will be redundant.
I work in the civil engineering and construction world, in a technology company that is paving the way for a lot of this technology.
I think we are going to see the majority of machines on large earthwork projects and highway projects be autonomous in the next 5 to 10 years.
I think software is going to get way more simplified. Complex project management, estimating and design software will be able to simply do what you tell it. (Ie. Build me a road from point A to Point B)
I think it will be leveraged in health care, where you provide a blood sample for example, or take some sort of test or diagnostic, and the AI powered “health consultant” gives you an accurate diagnosis that’s based on the entire breadth of collected human knowledge and experience on the particular subject.
In many ways, I think it’s going to enhance and help the way many people do their jobs, but I do also think many will be quickly redundant. Fascinating times for sure
As someone who used to work in construction management and now works tools - I could see why you would think this. However, it's biased towards management and not the people actually doing the work. On the best job sites, issues are resolved at the lowest levels of the management hierarchy by tradesmen. On the worst job sites, everything gets "RFI-ed" to death with clarifications and schedule impacts and endless meetings. I think that some form of AI could get rid of a few "Senior Assistant Project Management Office Engineers" and probably help save companies some money. But, then how would their sales team be able to brag about their "process" for making sure each and every potential project goes smoothly?

Until I see a robot on the side of the road setting out traffic cones or shaking out truckloads of steel deliveries or reviewing electrical schematics to find the other robot's errors prior to installation, I'm not too worried about it taking over the construction field entirely.

It took longer to write the prompt than to write the poem…

Write a short poem in the style of William Shakespeare about a hunting guide named ole cal that has a beautiful red mustache and who is so sexy that he steals all the women’s hearts

Oh Ole Cal, thy guide of the hunt,
With a crimson mustache, a striking front.
His very presence steals women's hearts,
A charmer he is, with his alluring arts.
A fair maiden's gaze, he does ensnare,
Her heart aflutter, with nary a care.
For he is the one, they do adore,
In his hands, they are forevermore.
With a swagger in his step, he leads the way,
Through forest and field, at night and day.
His beauty unmatched, his charm divine,
Ole Cal, a hunter of hearts, oh so fine.
Thus, in the woods, his legend grows,
Of the red-mustached man, with beauty that glows.
A hunting guide, and a heartthrob too,
Ole Cal, a Shakespearean dream come true.

I am a nurse, there may be some aspects of the job AI could take over, but not the direct patient care part. So I think I’m safe.

Felton

WKR
I think AI will seriously change the job market but people will always need a person to blame when things go wrong so I think it will be limited to very particular roles.

This, I could probably be replaced with a program that would be more efficient and have fewer mistakes but because someone can pick up the phone and talk to someone they know I’ll keep my job. I’m a property manager/project manager.

Unless AI changes hundreds of years of well-established and accepted laws I should be pretty safe. lol

The internet has changed my job as an industrial and income property broker drastically but AI will not replace me. But I have to keep up with technology or some youngster with better tech skills will replace me. If you have tech skills and experience you can compete but if you only have one or the other its a brutal business.

I'm in program / project management. I could see AI taking on a lot of the analysis that we have our lower level associates doing. Also could do the reporting to leadership pretty easily. There is a sales aspect that could never be replaced. I think we could do more with less people.