Why used prices on here so high?

87TT

WKR
Maybe Rokslide needs a new classified section called "Yardsale" for really low prices?
Personally, I don't buy what I don't need and pay what I think it's worth TO ME. An I check the seller's or buyers posts before I make a deal. They better be or be real close to being a WKR.

OIP (17).jpg

I was being nice guess you wanna be a dick ok bro. Why do people never talk like this IRL?

My larger point was: you the market don’t make.

Sales taxes where I live are high. I don’t buy much gear online retail, but I would expect to pay shipping in many of those transactions. There are many people like me, which explains the prices people are willing to pay here for “used” gear.

Do you offer an alternative explanation, bro?

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
Ive only purchased a handful of items on the classifieds - but I have my own criteria before I do that.

1) It must be an item I need [not want]

2) Detailed research on the price point of the item [new v. used v. reconditioned]

I may have paid a little more than I would have on eBay or something, but I also figured Id help a fellow outdoorsman out
This is how I go about it as well, with one addition. If I'm looking for something that is unavailable right now, such as the aforementioned SWFA scopes, or some reloading supplies, I'll look and see what they have gone for elsewhere before moving forward on the deal. inflation and supply chain issues have driven up used prices lately for sure.

I have followed this site for awhile but I have just recently registered partly because of all the hunting knowledge and experience so many are willing to share. The other reason is because of the classifieds. I have been looking for specific items and have seen them range in price from very high to great deals. Anyone can ask whatever they want it’s there item to sell. At least for the items I have looked at they seem to be fairly consistent with other sites. The one thing I do recognize from this site is for the most part the sellers seem to be pretty legitimate and most buys have been pretty happy with their purchases.

CorbLand

WKR
Maybe Rokslide needs a new classified section called "Yardsale" for really low prices?
Personally, I don't buy what I don't need and pay what I think it's worth TO ME. An I check the seller's or buyers posts before I make a deal. They better be or be real close to being a WKR.

View attachment 383779
I think we should elect someone that has to verify the pricing before someone posts. You have to submit a form, they review it and make an overall decision on whether or not your pricing meets a fair standard. If not, you have one shot to justify why you should be able to charge that much.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
My tax rate is ALSO 6 1/2%... BUT the online sellers ALWAYS charge over 8% these days.
Never really checked until you said this. Started looking KUIU charged me 6% Skre and Pnuma did not charge tax and Camofire charged me 6.5% I will need to start looking now.

quaggy25

Lil-Rokslider
Never really checked until you said this. Started looking KUIU charged me 6% Skre and Pnuma did not charge tax and Camofire charged me 6.5% I will need to start looking now.
Sales tax depends on the state you live in and the state the company operates in. These factors will change your tax.

For instance in MN there is no sales tax on clothing so generally speaking I never pay sales tax on clothing because typically on line sales recognize the purchaser. Some states however have different laws and you may have to pay sales tax in their state, my understanding and research suggested this is rare though. I bought from Kryptek and they charged me tax. I emailed saying I live in MN and they don’t tax clothing. The promptly refunded me the tax.

Moral of the story, If you’re charged a different tax than you’re used to, contact the company and ask and hopefully they make it right if there was a mistake.

sneaky

"DADDY"
cb9f9b48a15fdb4748c47fb61f648433.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk