Why used prices on here so high?

WCB

WKR
I don’t think anyone has that expectation. At least I certainly don’t. I just have to laugh when something is posted for more than recent or current sale price, or more than leo/mil discount.
The OP does...

It's pretty simple. $100 retail item, $10 for shipping, $9 for taxes, is $119 to your door from a retailer.

I would buy the same item, like new, from a trusted member for a 20 to 25% discount, ~$90, and I pay the PayPal 3%. That doesn't look like as much of a deal as it really is.

I also know I can turn around and sell it and I'm only out the shipping and 3% Paypal fees.

Vandy321

WKR
Wasn’t speaking in absolutes, nor did I mention a particular piece of gear. In general was what I was referring to. The “majority” of gear does not.

But don’t care to argue over word play, it’s a waste of time for me. You win 👍
The majority of gear does not have a warranty and when it does, ive never been asked if i was the original owner or if it were bought 2nd hand. Just curious what warranty you are implying you miss out on when buying used, specifically.

Last edited:

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Look to modern monetary theory to explain why the dollar is now worthless.
Your money is worthless, supplies are harder to get, and it will get 1000% worse.
We are at a new benchmark and close to the end.

ODB

WKR
AND OUT OF LEFT FIELD COMES GLOOOM AND DOOOOM! Calm down Marshall Applewhite...This is about used clothing and a dude that is cheap not The Next Level.

Not sure how/why you quoted me, mate. I never said that.

WCB

WKR
Look to modern monetary theory to explain why the dollar is now worthless.
Your money is worthless, supplies are harder to get, and it will get 1000% worse.
We are at a new benchmark and close to the end.
AND OUT OF LEFT FIELD COMES GLOOOM AND DOOOOM! Calm down Marshall Applewhite...This is about used clothing and a dude that is cheap not The Next Level.

grfox92

WKR
In 2018;

I got an REI Lumen sleeping bag for $75. I've slept down into the single digits and been warm.

I paid $60 for an almost new Nemo Tensor Field Pad.

I paid $225 for a basically new SO Unaweep 4800 with a Lumbar pad.

It's been over a year since I checked the classifieds daily which I used to do, and that's because these deals don't seem to exist anymore in the RS classified section.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Zappaman

WKR
Gun Broker is worse ;)

Just supply and demand.

I've have a few items for sale (scopes and boots) that haven't got an offer in over a month- I don't top-post them daily, but every few weeks. I feel I'd be "over-posting" doing it any more frequently because this isn't primarily a "used classifieds" site (although I am glad they have this section).

My items are around 15- 20% off (regular street pricing) and they are indeed NEW (stuff I bought and never used). Given I'm also covering shipping and offering your money back for any about any reason (and you aren't paying me a 9% tax)... the discount compared to the typical online seller is about 25-30%.

There are also a lot of "tweakers" selling custom stuff here that you can't easily find in that state of full-out "custom".

If they post "it" and it sells... then there is someone happy to get whatever "it" is. If it sits for months and doesn't sell- the price is too high. Simple as that.

svivian

WKR
The majority of gear does not have a warranty and when it does, ive never been asked if i was the original owner or if it were bought 2nd hand. Just curious what warranty you are implying you miss out on when buying used, specifically.
Bows would be a great example. Most top brands will not transfer the warranty.