Why NOT a Tikka?

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Nope you'll lose primer pockets first. Might have to toss 5% of brass before primers go. If your inspecting your brass spotting case head separation before it is a problem is quite easy.
Likewise if your bumping 2 thou be sure to look for case head separation because it still happens

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Not on a belted case like 7mm Rem Mag with a SAAMI chamber length tolerance of +.015". If you smash it back down according to manufacturers FL sizing die setup instructions, you'll get case head separation well before you have to worry about a primer pocket. I learned the hard way.

Not on a belted case like 7mm Rem Mag with a SAAMI chamber length tolerance of +.015". If you smash it back down according to manufacturers FL sizing die setup instructions, you'll get case head separation well before you have to worry about a primer pocket. I learned the hard way.

I reload 7mm STW and if I only full length size I get case head separation above the belt after 3-4 reloads. I now neck size 2-3 times and then FL size, rinse and repeat.

JGRaider

WKR
How do you resolve insufficient head space and a case that is difficult to chamber after a few firings if you don’t know what bumping the shoulder back means?
I admittedly wasn't thinking about reloading when it was mentioned and my initial response as I couldn't obviously put a reloading process into a Tikka rifle thread. I'm a diehard neck sizer, and bump shoulders with a body die about every 4th loading or as necessary, to answer your question.

SDHNTR

WKR
I admittedly wasn't thinking about reloading when it was mentioned and my initial response as I couldn't obviously put a reloading process into a Tikka rifle thread. I'm a diehard neck sizer, and bump shoulders with a body die about every 4th loading or as necessary, to answer your question.
Another functional element to a 3 position safety, somewhat related to the above shoulder bumping comment, is the ability to disassemble your firing pin easily for cleaning, without tools. Even in the field, if needed. Personally, I don’t consider a 3 position, or lack thereof, a deal killer on a rifle, but it sure is nice.