Who is moose hunting 2023?

as.ks.ak

WKR
I didn’t goat hunt last year, but I’ll be doing it this year for sure, because the withdrawals are just too horrible. I should’ve known not to stop cold turkey like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t get it twisted, I’ll still weekend suicide trip one if I get a weather window, but no big long one like usual this year…be nice to not kill the streak of being on at least one goat kill each year. Time will tell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve3637

FNG
I DIY’d it last year, thought about going again this year, but decided I needed a break. It was a ton of work and super stressful at times. We were out there during the worst storm they have had in decades last September. We both tagged out and moose meat is awesome, so I am planning to head back out in 2024.
Who did you go out with last year? How was the service for you?

I have watched and followed and read these threads that have come up each year. To say Im excited for my first moose hunt is an understatement.

I will be float hunting this September in 17b. Im trying to get into 19b for the longer, later season. I will be bow hunting with my recurve so Id like the later dates for rut potential and calling them in closer for a shot. I turned 40yrs old a few months ago so since last May Ive been getting into as good of shape as I can. I cant control everything on the hunt, but I feel I can be as prepared as possible physically and with gear that Im used to using compared to rental gear.

I look forward to other’s stories and pics and woes and successes. Who else is going?
🤞 we'll see what happens in the next couple of months Ive got apps in for 3 states and lots of points. It could happen somebody's gotta draw the tags

I have watched and followed and read these threads that have come up each year. To say Im excited for my first moose hunt is an understatement.

I will be float hunting this September in 17b. Im trying to get into 19b for the longer, later season. I will be bow hunting with my recurve so Id like the later dates for rut potential and calling them in closer for a shot. I turned 40yrs old a few months ago so since last May Ive been getting into as good of shape as I can. I cant control everything on the hunt, but I feel I can be as prepared as possible physically and with gear that Im used to using compared to rental gear.

I look forward to other’s stories and pics and woes and successes. Who else is going?
Definitely get on google earth and find open grass fields/ muskegs. Be patient and call early mornings and late evenings. Look for rubbings on the willows near the river banks and moose crossings. Good luck!

SwampGhost

Lil-Rokslider
Well I had big plans to go but my 4th invitee just backed out 😭
That’s right in the last year of planning I’ve had four different guys agree to go with me and all back 🤦🏻
I’ve never been so I’m not crazy about a solo hunt, may just postpone till next year
You and me next year Ammon!

WMR

FNG
Going to Alberta this year. Tried twice unguided in AK, 2020 and 2021. Couldn't resist the urge to try that again, so I'm booking to go back there in 2024. I feel like I've got enough left in the tank for a DIY hunt or two, so I guess I'd better get after it. Father time doesn't take days off.

Going to Alberta this year. Tried twice unguided in AK, 2020 and 2021. Couldn't resist the urge to try that again, so I'm booking to go back there in 2024. I feel like I've got enough left in the tank for a DIY hunt or two, so I guess I'd better get after it. Father time doesn't take days off.
Good luck in Alberta! I'm headed back to AK in 2024 as well.

Last edited:

Slugz

WKR
20230425_103231.jpg
20230425_103539.jpg
20230425_103531.jpg

Redcliffe with liners/ 2 doors/pole
DST tarp
Minimal stakes ( will take extra)
Extra paracord
2 x Tyvek pieces
Thermarest cot
Helinox cot
Winnerwell fastfold titanium

FYI

first post so thanks for all the information I have read on these forums.
I live for moose hunting and have gotten one each year for the past 14 years. will be heading out again this fall on the Canol road in the NWT with the Argo's looking for moose, caribou, and sheep. pretty sure we have a couple of bear tags this year as well. 19 weeks, 75 hours left till we head out, but who's counting?