Who is moose hunting 2023?

IDShane

WKR
A buddy of mine and I are going out with AK Wilderness Outfitters Sept 13-27th this is our first moose hunt. Also going to put in for Shiras moose in Idaho for the 3rd year in a row maybe this year will be the year!

OP
ammonnhonduras
A buddy of mine and I are going out with AK Wilderness Outfitters Sept 13-27th this is our first moose hunt. Also going to put in for Shiras moose in Idaho for the 3rd year in a row maybe this year will be the year!
My dad has drawn twice and killed a moose both times in Idaho. First time as a non resident. He moved out there the following year. 2yrs after the first draw he applied again as a resident and drew again. To make us more envious, 2yrs after that he drew a big horn sheep tag. Crazy good luck. Filled all of his tags too.

ElGreco

FNG
I am but not till 2025... we booked a trip to new foundland. Price starting to creep to the point where its go now or wait a while

John Havard

WKR
Classified Approved
Walt,
This year I'm not taking anyone from PBS - just three friends two of which have been there before. Next year is when I'm turning "my" ridge over to the PBS. I sure hope my bowhunting brothers keep it in the family. It's the only ridge top I know of where BOTH moose and caribou can be hunted (no RM required for moose here). A special place for sure and I hope Terry & Joe and the PBS gang don't let me down and lose it!

as.ks.ak

WKR
Knew I’d draw something this year. I have a two year old and a three week old…

I drew DM920, so needless to say I think I’ll be doing the same as you Gregg and forgoing the goat hunt and focusing on moose…that lets those billies get another 1/8” longer for next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ammonnhonduras
Going on my first AK moose hunt this September out of bethel, solo for 2 weeks. Been a dream for me since I was a kid and I'm 45 years old now. To say I'm pumped would be an understatement!!
Good luck to you. I hope your experience is filled with success.

Knew I’d draw something this year. I have a two year old and a three week old…

I drew DM920, so needless to say I think I’ll be doing the same as you Gregg and forgoing the goat hunt and focusing on moose…that lets those billies get another 1/8” longer for next year!

I didn’t goat hunt last year, but I’ll be doing it this year for sure, because the withdrawals are just too horrible. I should’ve known not to stop cold turkey like that.