Which Half ton Pick ups are yall driving?

I’m not generally a GM fan, but I’m liking the 2023 Silverado 1500 my company sent me. I’ll get back to you on reliability, but the 4 cylinder is nicer to drive than I expected. It feels a lot like my Dads ecodiesel, decent bottom end power in any gear. I’m at a little over 20mpg over the first 2000 miles. The LT interior is probably the level I’d spend my money on, no leather but heated seats and steering wheel. I like the big screen and CarPlay. The 4 wheel auto is a nice feature I’ve never had before for mixed conditions.

Negatives: It has a dumbed down 4 wheel drive system with no low range. We will see how the 4 cylinder holds up over the 150,000 miles I’m supposed to keep it. Auto start stop is annoying and there’s no way to permanently turn it off. It’s a GM, but this time it’s not my money when it ends up on a flatbed.
That’s interesting. My 23 work truck 2wd gets a tad over 19 mpg with the 5.3 driving in mountains all day.

2531usmc

WKR
When is somebody going to mention the absolute horrific styling Toyota has been using for the last...20 years?
It's like the design team gave a bunch of nine-year olds a case of Red Bull and a dozen Traxxas RC trucks and said 'Here....Tell us what you think adults will buy'.
Every time Lexus releases a new statusmobile, the automotive press tries to find polite ways of saying what a disaster it is.
The new Tundra and recent 'updates' to the 20 year old Tacoma design are just juvenile and embarassing.

Do you get a flat-brim and MONSTER ENERGY sticker when you buy one?
I’m really not that concerned with how “stylish” my truck is. After all, it’s a truck.

the first half of my adult car buying life, I would only buy American built cars or trucks. And to be honest, one out of every three was a lemon. One was a dodge/Chrysler that only lasted 70,000 miles before it self destructed.

In desperation, I switched over to Toyota and never looked back. Between my two tacomas, one Camry, and two corollas, we’ve gone over 700,000 miles with only one mechanical or electrical breakdown. That was a Corolla water pump and Toyota fixed that on their nickel.

so yeah, my truck may not be “stylish”, but I’m very comfortable that it is one of the most dependable vehicles on the road

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
That’s interesting. My 23 work truck 2wd gets a tad over 19 mpg with the 5.3 driving in mountains all day.
That’s the engine I’d have picked if they gave me a choice. $1500 more up front, and basically the same mileage, I suspect it would save a lot of repair bills over the years.

2021 GMC Sierra 5.3 SLT with the X31 package. So far so good, but still has low miles

TheHammer

WKR
19 3.5 119k on it….. if I’d of left it alone I’m sure it would’ve been very reliable. The trans has been very reliable especially for what it is. But I’ll own all the other issues I’ve had. Gets better mpgs then my stock 350 w/a 6.7 when hauling this trailer across country.

Attachments

• 081B721A-8E39-4BE2-B762-6CCF5B99B1E7.jpeg
    081B721A-8E39-4BE2-B762-6CCF5B99B1E7.jpeg
    888.7 KB · Views: 27

Cheesy

FNG
Currently on a 2020 Tundra, bought new in August of 19, now has 70k miles, zero issues as should be expected. I only really use it as a highway cruiser though when not really pulling anything. For actual 'truck' work, my old Super Duty gets the nod, even with 200k miles on it.

When new, now tinted, leveled, and one size bigger tire.
TqyjZ4N.jpg

FI460

FNG
What do you like better about the Tundra? And what engine does the Ford have?

A lot of things are had to compare between the trucks since my tundra is a limited and the F150 is an XL. The transmission on my tundra is nicer, but I can't say how a 2022 F150 10 speed would compare. Interior storage is better though. Dash is better. The tundra rides better too.

Tundra has the full rear window that rolls down. Always been a big fan of that.

F150 has the 2.7L. It's fine with the stock sized tires but probably shouldn't be compared to the 3.5L in the Tundra.

Braaap

WKR
A lot of things are had to compare between the trucks since my tundra is a limited and the F150 is an XL. The transmission on my tundra is nicer, but I can't say how a 2022 F150 10 speed would compare. Interior storage is better though. Dash is better. The tundra rides better too.

Tundra has the full rear window that rolls down. Always been a big fan of that.

F150 has the 2.7L. It's fine with the stock sized tires but probably shouldn't be compared to the 3.5L in the Tundra.
Interesting. Not surprising the tundra rides better with the coil spring rear suspension. That 2.7 is a surprisingly good engine but obviously hard to compare.

I’ve always been a Toyota guy and bought my first Ford fall of 2021 (XLT 3.5 eb). I really like it so far after 20,000 miles but I’m a bit skeptical of how it will last. I’m kinda curious to drive a similarly equipped Tundra and see how they compare. I still use my 2005 Tundra double cab for hunting.

09 chevy 420 thousad km still going strong powertrain wise. maintance and some minor stuff. Wore out transfer case and front 4x4 gears. have it in auto 4x4 all winter and will continue to do so thats the best feature ever. Rust on this is the biggest issue.

17 gmc with 6.2 for a work truck 220 thousand km its been great. Brake booster recall and a brake booster control module other than maintance.

I look after a small fleet of trucks at work, fords and gmc. It does not cost less to keep a ford on the road i can tell you that.

09 Silverado with now 209k. It’s been pretty dependable but I keep up with the maintenance. Anyone in a salt state knows or have seen how bad these years rust. The body will be rusted out before the motor dies.

Iceman82

FNG
Lol, most Toyota's in the states are made in Texas, at least the Tundras are. I believe the only Toyota brought to the US(or used to) was the Landcrusier and they are for sure not "shit". Others are made in Mississippi, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, West Virginia, etc.

Iceman82

FNG
LOL
You can rest assured that all profits go home!!!
Send your money to Japan
I'll keep mine here in what's left of this great country

Jimss

WKR
Tundra all the way! Lots of room and mine gets 16+ mpg. I have buddies that own Tacomas but they don't get any better gas mileage and it's super nice having a bigger bed and space inside. Mine is a 2008 with only 75,000 miles. I'm sure it will last a long, long time. It rides more like a Cadillac than a truck.

Billinsd

WKR
In desperation, I switched over to Toyota and never looked back.
so yeah, my truck may not be “stylish”, but I’m very comfortable that it is one of the most dependable vehicles on the road
Also, most cost effective when you consider purchase price and maintenance costs for over 75,000 miles.

Lwarner03

FNG
I’ve had nothing but trouble with Ram, both my 1500 and 2500. Fate of my current truck will be decided by a judge and my next truck will probably be a Ford for their mileage and Tremor package.