What's your favorite pack/s and what are its purpose/es

Kifaru for me no matter what the use. Such a versatile pack! My Hoodlum and DT1 can do it all! Including just hiking around

MD97756

FNG
Love my exo K2 3500, just got a k3 belt and they made me a new lumbar pad out of the stiffer material. Got a osprey pack for other hikes if I choose to

I am a HUGE fan of my MR Sawtooth 45 and Beartooth 80. They fit on the same frame, so you can adjust accordingly for what you are doing. I have used the 45 for up to 3 or 4 nights in the backcountry, but it is certainly tight. I probably won't be using it for more than a night moving forward. The MR packs are a little heavier than other companies, but dang are they comfortable and durable!

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Lots of amazing packs on the market and everyone is different! That being said several guys that have run the new AKEK packs this last yr have told us they are the best packs they have used to date.
www.akek.com

Marble

WKR
Kifaru Cavern, solo trips primarily. If it is really cold weather, I'll use this one too.

44 mag for shorter trips and it is also the bag I loan out to people who don't have one.

Straight jacket. Day pack, meat hauler.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

croben

Lil-Rokslider
My Exo K3 4800 is my favorite pack, but I can’t get the frame to work for me. I made the switch to Kifaru with the duplex lite and the hoodlum and have been extremely happy. I might switch out the buckles on my K3 4800 and attach it to the Kifaru like others have done. Also waiting until the K4 comes out to see if it’ll work on the Kifaru frame. If it does, I might just buy a K4 pack and run that on the Kifaru frame.

I use the same pack for all big game hunting, hiking, and backpacking.

Last edited:
I own two Kifaru frames and multiple bags. And a seek outside peregrine kit.

I just received the SO kit a month and a half ago. I’ve got several scouting trips in it so far. Heavy for daypack load too. Bino’s, 65mm spotter, tripod, all my hunting day carry stuff like FA kit. And a little box of fire starter, rope, head lamp, etc…. 3 liters of water, extra clothes, And a full nalgene. Probably 20-22 pounds. Covered a lot of miles so far. Going again this weekend. This is a great pack man. I love it.

When I set my Kifaru tactical frame up for backpacking trips I use either a 44 mag or a DT2 bag for those trips. I prefer the DT2. Gonna sell the 44 mag soon. I personally lije the DT bag layouts so much.

When I use the tactical frame for hunting it wears a DT3 bag or a custom bag I bought off of pods8. I like them both. A lot.

I have run the light frame while hunting too. Same bags as on the tactical. I’m in between the long and short shoulder straps with an 18” torso. So, I can’t get this frame fitted the way the tactical does. I’m probably going to sell it too. It’s a great frame. But, the tactical is by and far my preferred choice. Even over the SO peregrine.

I’m going to get rid of a few things as I just don’t need all the frames. And, no matter how many times I buy a bag with the layout of the mag series, I always sell them. They are great bags. But, you just can’t beat the DT line. Simple but effective.

I hunt out of a Basecamp by the truck. Just gone for the day. I got one of the very first Kanjera packs. I also have the bino harnesses and gun sling.

I carry it every day, use it as a carry on flying, hike, hunt, camp, fish...

qwerksc

WKR
Eberlestock Bandit, small, water bladder capable, add a small pouch and it’s my go to, just enough for a good close to home 1/2 day hunt.

Seth

WKR
I’ve used several over the years but settled on SG x curve/5900 as my go to, plus an Osprey Manta for light duty.

Kifaru duplex lite frame, run a Stryker xl for day hunts, awesome pack, and then getting a dall for extended hunts, had the fulcrum before and was just too much going on, and heavy. These other two bags are under 3 lbs each which ain’t too bad!

TheViking

WKR
I am curious what everyone's favorite pack or packs are and what are there purposes. I have different packs for different activites.

Hunting pack - Hands down Exo K3.
Backpacking - Depending on the season either Exo K3 or Osprey
EDC Pack - Still on the look out.

Hunting Pack - I have used Exo and Kifaru - lots of personal preference. Both are excellent. Exo is more comfortable overall, Kifaru you can add/remove pouches to personalize.

Backpacking - use the same as above.

EDC - Kifaru Shape Charge. My favorite pack of all time. I use it on day hunts too for deer and scouting trips.

JD Jones

WKR
Hunting in the mountains: SG xcurve w/5900

Hunting whitetails in Texas: was a mystery ranch pop up. Hated that now I just kinda wing it…. Taking opinions lol. I hunt public a lot with a tree stand however sometimes I never set it up and hunt more “western”

Backpacking: thinking I might get the terminus 8700 actually… tbd

Hunting Pack: Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 - I feel comfortable 3-10 days in this pack and will swap the bag out to the Approach 2800 for 1-3 days.

Backpacking Pack: Hyperlite Mountain Gear 4400 Southwest - I did 22 days in the Bob Marshall last year with this pack and by far, it’s my favorite lightweight (Dyneema) pack.

EDC Pack: LBT 14L Day Pack - Perfect size for daily carry and super lightweight. If you haven’t checked out LBT - do it now!

jenkinsd

FNG
Eberlestock F1 Main Frame is my meat hauler. This EMOD system IMO can't be beat.

ranny

FNG
I know the brand doesn't usually get much love here but I am also a fan of Eberlestock F1 Main Frame. I like the solid frame for carrying heavy loads and I have several different bag options so I can use it for about anything from day hikes to week long pack trips. Tall version makes it so I have functional load lifters.

I run a Kifaru Frame, Quarter Panel, Muskeg 2800, Xpac Sherman, Grabit.....

My son runs a Kifaru Frame, Woodsman, Sherman, Small Pocket as a Lid and a Grabit.

Those setups can do just about anything.