What's your favorite pack/s and what are its purpose/es

kowboy

FNG
EDC or Bug out = Kifaru Shape Charge (actually one in each vehicle as a 'get home bag')
Hiking / Backpacking = Osprey Aether 70 (Have carried this all over the West / Rim to Rim / John Muir / part of PCT)
3-6 Day Hunt = Kifaru 44 Mag
Spike Camp = Kifaru Hellbender

Have used KUIU and liked them also. Still use a Sitka Flash 20 (old school discontinued but a GREAT day bag).

Pop Up 28 for stillhunting whitetails in the Northeast. It's slim and low profile is perfect for sneaking through thick woods without hanging up.
An MR Sawtooth 45 for all my western hunts, when I carry more optics and clothes. It also handles larger meat loads with more comfort.

Last edited:
Kuiu divide 1500 great day and general pack even a good travel back pack with the waist strap removed
Kuiu venture 2300 hunting pack and good for smaller pack outs

I just purchased a KUIU divide 3000 and I am using it to hunt with my folding PCP air rifle. Love how comfortable it is but I dislike that they went cheap on the handle, I feel they could have put something more substantial there. I also have a Eberlestock x2 which that thing I am sure can go through hell and back amd still look like new

Attachments

• 20230312_152540.jpg
    20230312_152540.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 38

Shraggs

WKR
Western archery Kifaru tahr

Western rifle, colder Kifaru reckoning

Midwest whitetail eberle x2 when warm, Kifaru eastern ruck ehen cold.

Winter river steelhead fishing rush 5.1 12 or 1200 ci

Weekend type travel including going from west and back 5.1 rush 72

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I had an old SG sky 5900 I believe that I adored. Used it for 7 or so years. Running it slimmed down with no lid, it weighed nothing and hauled big loads of meat-130#+. The frame blew up on me one day and I shyed away.. I still have the replacement but don't use it as much. But before that one hiccup it was the best system I ever ran for 1 to 5 day trips.

I'm running a Kif Stryker XL now and I have been a big fan. Max I've been able to do is 3 days, tho. The comfort and weight hauling of the kif is awesome. Have a muskeg 7k as it was closest to the sky and it'll probably go down the road for something else.

raske007

FNG
Kifaru 44 mag is what I use for all of my hunts. The new exo k4 packs are also intriguing. Only downside to the 44 mag in my opinion is the meat shelf is a bit of a hassle.

SwiftShot

WKR
I have been using the KUIU 2300 for a few years. I am only doing day hunts from the trail heads and gates. It is mostly Timber Company land so no camping is allowed. Nice and lightweight, plus it packs out an elk just fine. Great pack.

Tahr

FNG
IMG_8019.jpeg
Outdoorsman. Value. No fuss. Tough as nails. Versatile. Humps a big load. I have this small bag and a big 90 litre. Clip on/clip off.

Nacho338

FNG
Hunting : Seek Outside Kenai ( components of revolution frame in truck to use a packboard for multiple meat trips.

Backpacking : Seek Outside Kenai

EDC : Black Diamond Cirque 35 with Lid and modifications for carrying necessities at work.

Farm/deer woods property owner, outdoorsman in NH. Nothing unique about my choices:

-Kifaru Tactical Frame/ Stryker XL/ X-Pac Sherman/ Grab-it/ X-Pac belt pouch:
(scout/prep for deer hunting; forestry tools/projects/trail maintenance ; hike-ins to my shooting range)

-Kifaru Shape Charge:
(big EDC, also day-hike and cross country ski/snowshoe with it)

-Goruck GR1 (small in-town EDC)

-Spankin New 25" Exo K4/ 5000 pack/ all EXO K4 accessories:
(for Family hiking/camping trips, birding on mountain tops, a western hunt now and again when my kids are older or if I can ever convince my wife to move. I also have a Seek Outside with a custom 5400, but I've not taken to the 1"staps and strapkeepers- functional system, comfy, capable frame, great x-pac bag, but I don't like dealing with the strapkeepers in cold months and I could use more organization so I bought the EXO to see which I like more. So far I like the EXO frame but will not give up my shorter Kifaru Tactical frame setup)

Also not sure this counts but I'll tack it on:

Marsupial Gear Little Joey Chest Pouch!!!
(I'm smitten with this piece of kit- so flat but fits everything needed. I dislike putting anything in my pockets especially when afield. This holds all my edc items plus a 43x with a Zacchaeus trigger guard holster

WBrim

WKR
Hunting - Kifaru Stryker XL
Hauled some gear, tree stands, a couple Mulies. Served me well thus far

EDC - Kifaru echo - laptops, iPad, notebooks, coupe Nalgene bottles, welding hood on back, random odds and ends.

Deuter speed light for everyday. Have not found anything better in 10 years. Not sure about everything else because I guess I need to spend more money on packs!!!

Spike elk

WKR
Evolved from a Badlands 2200 to an Eberlestock x2 to a MR Cabinet to a MR Pintler amd also have a MR Scree for casual and travel use. Really like the Pintler with it's layout. It will take some time to catch up the critters packed out with the x2. Still use one X2 for predator hunting and another x2 for ice fishing. Also have a Kelty meat hauler frame that does a great job.

SG Sky Talus 6900 has been good to me over the years for backpack hunts, longest being 11 nights.
Eberlestock Team Elk Pack for day hunts. Don't know why I like it so much but the metal 90 deg frame makes packing treestands a breeze.

S.Clancy

WKR
My packs:

Over a week in Backcountry: Exo 5500

5 days and under, including day hunts: Exo 2000

Backpacking, turkey hunting, etc: MR Bridger 35

Mountain Biking: Mountainsmith Lumbar Pack

Pack training: 1990's Cabelas frame pack

jeedo

FNG
Travel/EDC: Kifaru Antero -> I've gone through about a dozen or so packs in this category including goruck, mystery ranch, tom bihn, alpha one niner and many more, and this is by far my favorite. Works exceptionally well as a day hiking pack as well.

'Car' emergency Backpack: Kelty Peregrine -> Doesn't look tactical, has that old school charm, don't care if it gets messed up.

Actual EDC: Hidden Woodsman French Trade Satchel -> The simplicity and quality gives me a lot of joy everyday. I like that it forces me to have a minimal kit of only essentials and nothing more. I also use it around the farm as a tool bag and on small hikes. A haversack is a nice piece of kit to try if you need a reminder in thinking simple/minimal.

Still trying to find a hunting pack that fits me well though...

DMTJAGER

FNG
For day to day hunting I have and like very much a old Eureka 3-3.5kci aluminum I/F Outfitter pack that collapses down to about 1.8kci that has done the initial pack out of the a load of elk at 50-60lbs for 5 elk thus far and did very well. For multi day or packing out very heavy loads of elk I have a 7000ci Dana Designs K2 Longebed on a Loadmaster external frame. I can easily pack more weight in it than I would be willing to carry (70lbs++) Bought it on a close out at Northern Mountain Supply for no BS $120 TMD. Ended up with two as a friend asked me buy him one and he ended up not wanting it. So I have enough super heavy lift XXL capacity packs I will ever need or use.
If I'm doing a three day away from camp hunt and I need more capacity and weight baring than my Eureka, I have a Jim Horn Canadian internal frame BP that has IIRC about 5-5.5kci cap that is designed specifically for hunting including external pouches for spotter and tripod.
All in all very happy with all my packs even though much lighter ones have existed for some time, but I just can not justify spending big$$$ to replace perfectly functioning BPs that have served me flawlessly in order to save a few pounds.