What's wrong with kuiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfolch

WKR
If you owned a world-class, ultralight-weight hunting gear company, would you feature an image of yourself on every single photograph of your holiday shopping catalogue? I like my kuiu gear and have nothing but praise for their designs, but in their most recent holiday offerings catalog, there are ten photographs that contain at least one human being, and in all ten of those photos, the owner is one of those human beings (if not the only person pictured). Not one for understatement, it seems.

gmajor

WKR
I'm actually curious - has there been a catalogue where this wasn't the case? And I love my kuiu gaiters, for the record.

mt100gr.

WKR
I like the Kuiu gear I have as well (clothing) but that definitely jumped out at me too! He is definitely loving his own brand.

If you owned a world-class, ultralight-weight hunting gear company, would you feature an image of yourself on every single photograph of your holiday shopping catalogue? I like my kuiu gear and have nothing but praise for their designs, but in their most recent holiday offerings catalog, there are ten photographs that contain at least one human being, and in all ten of those photos, the owner is one of those human beings (if not the only person pictured). Not one for understatement, it seems.

If you've ever met the man, this would not come as a surprise. He's not all bad though.

full draw

FNG
funny that you mention this. I wont buy this guys product because of this reason. we get it you own kuiu. Im not drinking the kuiu-laid. (koolaid) #ever.

love the polar bear comment

Who cares?

The hunting industry is full of people like this. Just this guy owns a clothing company. There's a bunch of people out there that it's all about me me me. Sad but that's what we have to live with

tm7554

Lil-Rokslider
All of the pics seem to be taken on actual hunts in extreme places. Stuff he is doing and probably not willing to pay to have someone sent there just for a photo. I see nothing wrong with it and at the end of the day its about the gear for me. I think it also provides creditbility. Credibility in that the dude designing this gear hunts and hunts in crazy places.

Trial153

WKR
Two emails to be taken off the mailing list hasn't worked....they go into the trash unread.

2ski

WKR
I always wondered if he did it just so they didn't have to pay models

Yep. That's what I was thinking, however, I'm sure Kuiu does pay him to model. And that I don't have an issue with. I would be suprised if his business is not set up where he is an employee of the business, and the business pays for its employee/model to go on these shoots as well as paying the model for his time during these shoots.

Yep. That's what I was thinking, however, I'm sure Kuiu does pay him to model. And that I don't have an issue with. I would be suprised if his business is not set up where he is an employee of the business, and the business pays for its employee/model to go on these shoots as well as paying the model for his time during these shoots.

Absolutely. He'd be a fool to do it any other way. The alternative is paying the tax man.

Stwrt9

WKR
I'm always skeptical of how quickly everyone is to bash Kuiu or any other company. if you were in the same position owning/running Kuiu you all would do the exact same thing! why pay someone else to test/model/redesign your product when if you do it yourself. it's that much more cost efficient to do it yourself and not to mention instant feedback on where things need to be changed or approved on. I also doubt he is the only on putting in feedback in on products as well. the fact of the matter is people feel entitled to get products at the click of a button and when it doesn't go how they want it they jump to criticize. it's nothing personal it's only hunting equipment if you like it buy it if you don't don't. what good does it do to complain about something that you don't like other than to feed your own personal needs. Just my opinion..

Schaaf

WKR
I could care less if that's what Jason chooses to do, but I did get a pretty good laugh oh of it when I got my Christmas catalog.

Camo_Man

FNG
Having owned a clothing company in the past, models are expensive. Frankly I think it makes sense for the owner to be doing the on-site Photography for both reasons, product R&D and minimizing advertising cost. Bonus, a free trip as a business write off. Come on people, really. Who cares. Good for the owner....he earned it, whereas none of us were smart enough to start our own hunting line and live the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.