What time do you eat dinner/supper?

Vote for supper or diner and at what time.

• Its supper 4pm

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Its supper 5pm

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Its supper 6pm

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • Its supper 7pm

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Its dinner 4pm

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Its dinner 5pm

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Its dinner 6pm

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • Its dinner 7pm

Votes: 24 13.0%

• Total voters

tony

WKR
Anywhere between 8p and 1A
I work 12 hour nights.
When I'm off, its whenever

BBob

WKR
My time slot isn’t listed. It varies but is usually between 8-10pm. Doing sports after school as a kid and after work as an adult I couldn’t/can’t eat a meal till after the activity.

Anywhere between about 7pm to 2am.

Wife works 12 hour shifts and gets home around 7:30pm, if she's off she usually starts trying to feed us around 6 but I put it off as long as I can. If she's working we typically eat around 8pm when she's home. Weekends, camping trips, random grilling it's usually midnight to 2am or so by the time the smoker is shut off. There's really no normal here. I used to work nights and always been a night owl since I was a child, she worked nights for 5-6 years, kids stay up late playing video games and have zero circadian rhythm.

big44a4

WKR
Depends when I’m able to workout after work as well as hitting total protein goal for the day. If I have more than 50g left I’ll split into 2 “meals” in an effort to maximize muscle protein synthesis (MPS). The timing depends on when the workout is done then 2+ hours for the 2nd meal for the same reason to maximize MPS.

That said most common I need to eat a 2nd time around 10pm, but I have stayed up later just to hit second meal based MPS/total calories. For reference I think of meals/feedings in terms of splitting my total protein up throughout the day for reasons mentioned above. That determines when and how often I need to eat. Could be as little as a shake, bar, or high protein Greek yogurt.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
According to Webster dictionary, supper is the main meal typically eaten in the evening,5pm. Dinner is eaten earlier in the day., mid. day, around noon. The words are usually interchangeable. I think it depends on what part of the country you are from. In the midwest, we referred the to noonish meal as dinner/lunch, while the evening meal was supper.

big44a4

WKR
You have feedings? Are you a lab rat? Somebody's pet fish?? :)

I can’t answer in typical meals as I don’t eat 1-3 times a day and around dinner whatever time that is for most is not the last time I eat for the day.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends when I’m able to workout after work as well as hitting total protein goal for the day. If I have more than 50g left I’ll split into 2 “meals” in an effort to maximize muscle protein synthesis (MPS). The timing depends on when the workout is done then 2+ hours for the 2nd meal for the same reason to maximize MPS.

That said most common I need to eat a 2nd time around 10pm, but I have stayed up later just to hit second meal based MPS/total calories. For reference I think of meals/feedings in terms of splitting my total protein up throughout the day for reasons mentioned above. That determines when and how often I need to eat. Could be as little as a shake, bar, or high protein Greek yogurt.

Clear. Concise. Very direct to an ambiguous question. What's your neighbors, cousins, sisters cat named again? 🤣🤣

Carr5vols

WKR

Screenshot_20230513_085900_Chrome.jpg

big44a4

WKR
Clear. Concise. Very direct to an ambiguous question. What's your neighbors, cousins, sisters cat named again?

Many on this forum seek a healthier lifestyle because of outdoor hobbies. As seen by carnivore, keto, and whatever else threads on here. More people should think that way and prioritize protein when it comes to eating.

No cats here.

hunterjmj

WKR
Didn't know supper was a word still being used. My Aunt said supper when when I was a kid. 🤷‍♂️ Typically we eat dinner around 6 but it can vary. Once a week we do "on your own" night to clear out leftovers and small portions of whatever is in the fridge which helps minimize waste.

Wrench

WKR
On the days I work, I am gone from 430 to 1830-1900......I chow when I can.