What time do you eat dinner/supper?

Vote for supper or diner and at what time.

• Its supper 4pm

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Its supper 5pm

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Its supper 6pm

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • Its supper 7pm

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Its dinner 4pm

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Its dinner 5pm

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Its dinner 6pm

Votes: 51 27.7%
  • Its dinner 7pm

Votes: 24 13.0%

• Total voters

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't know supper was a word still being used. My Aunt said supper when when I was a kid. 🤷‍♂️ Typically we eat dinner around 6 but it can vary. Once a week we do "on your own" night to clear out leftovers and small portions of whatever is in the fridge which helps minimize waste.
I dont remember for sure but I think my Grandparents called lunch time dinner time. They referred to the evening meal as supper.

Holy crap- I guess I really am an old guy!!!! :ROFLMAO:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm looking at the poll and I'm seeing 47% of the people voting supper vs dinner, so maybe I'm not that old :D

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member
Many on this forum seek a healthier lifestyle because of outdoor hobbies. As seen by carnivore, keto, and whatever else threads on here. More people should think that way and prioritize protein when it comes to eating.

No cats here.
Just having fun with ya…

grfox92

WKR
Many on this forum seek a healthier lifestyle because of outdoor hobbies. As seen by carnivore, keto, and whatever else threads on here. More people should think that way and prioritize protein when it comes to eating.

No cats here.
It's what pushed me to get into better shape and eating good.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Maki35

WKR
Depends when I’m able to workout after work as well as hitting total protein goal for the day. If I have more than 50g left I’ll split into 2 “meals” in an effort to maximize muscle protein synthesis (MPS). The timing depends on when the workout is done then 2+ hours for the 2nd meal for the same reason to maximize MPS.

That said most common I need to eat a 2nd time around 10pm, but I have stayed up later just to hit second meal based MPS/total calories. For reference I think of meals/feedings in terms of splitting my total protein up throughout the day for reasons mentioned above. That determines when and how often I need to eat. Could be as little as a shake, bar, or high protein Greek yogurt.
My son does this. He works out & eats 2 dinners (one at 6 & 10pm).

I usually have dinner around 6 and a protein shake at 9/10pm.

Last edited:
At home between 5 and 6.

At work depends on how many stubbed toes and cats stuck in trees there are

7mm-08

WKR
Dinner somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00 PM. We used to eat around 7:00 PM, but the time has gotten pushed as we seem to fill our days with too many commitments.

FWIW, it was the last supper, not the last dinner. :D

kidding. I don't get hung up on the terms like some folks do. Most of my family doesn't think you're "country" unless you eat "dinner" around mid-day. Whatever...

Now that my wife and I are empty nesters, we've settled into a nice routine of eating supper around 6:30-7:00 while we watch the next episode of whatever series we're currently watching. After 30 years of raising kids and burning the candle at both ends, it's nice to finally have a routine with just each other.