What products do you wish companies made for hunting?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting, what would you like to see in a western hunting boot that is different from a backpacking boot? I’ve been thinking about this for the last five minutes and didn’t come up with much. Possibly an insulation layer underfoot that would not absorb moisture? I rely on sock layers rather than insulation in mine because once insulation gets wet it stays wet or damp until you have heat to dry it.
Well to summarize my ramblings the tread from the merrell rogue hiker, midsole of a trail runner and a shank to give a little more rigidity. Anatomically correct toe box (Altra). Synthetic all around. Full rand, minimal seems. Very flexible upper. Kevlar in high wear areas. Options for insulation and gortex. Not so aggressive drop. Most importantly they don’t weigh 1.5lbs per boot in a size 13.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
How about a solid/safe rem 700 trigger? Too much to ask for I suppose.

There are like 10 out there? Most of these are still in production.

Bix N Andy
Jewell
Shilen
Timney
Trigger Tech
Rifle Basics
Rise Armament
CG Extreme
Jard
Canjar
Geissele Super 700

There are more.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Well to summarize my ramblings the tread from the merrell rogue hiker, midsole of a trail runner and a shank to give a little more rigidity. Anatomically correct toe box (Altra). Synthetic all around. Full rand, minimal seems. Very flexible upper. Kevlar in high wear areas. Options for insulation and gortex. Not so aggressive drop. Most importantly they don’t weigh 1.5lbs per boot in a size 13.
Altra boots suck, I have hunted in them and Hoka boots. Not for the mountains at all.

There are like 10 out there? Most of these are still in production.

Bix N Andy
Jewell
Shilen
Timney
Trigger Tech
Rifle Basics
Rise Armament
CG Extreme
Jard
Canjar
Geissele Super 700

There are more.

I believe the only of those that is tested drop safe is the geissele and it has stopped production

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Altra boots suck, I have hunted in them and Hoka boots. Not for the mountains at all.
Did they suck because of the shape and volume or other factors? I’m just wanting a natural shaped toe box not necessarily the soft sole from them

TaperPin

WKR
I’m surprised there aren’t more true one pound stock blanks. I bought a new Brown Precision Pounder two decades ago and loved it.