What % of your daughters hunt???

Rich M

WKR
My ex-wife hunted real regular w me. She was okay, lots of hand holding.

Current wife will go now and again - she's real good at getting on deer.

My sister doesn't hunt.

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter is 6 and has expressed interest. Last year I went dove hunting and unknown to me she was at home crying because I didn't take her with me. Broke my heart. I plan to take her out for an evening deer hunt this season.

My only daughter hunts. But if she's not actually hunting (carrying a tag or shooting) she's not as interested. She is 9 and can't hunt deer yet in Nebraska. So this weekend she took the opportunity to hang out with mom while her brothers (12 & 5) came out hunting with me and grandpa. But she told me in no uncertain terms that she will be there next year hunting all weekend until she gets a "good" buck!

If w are turkey hunting or bird hunting I'd be in big trouble if she got left behind!

I think it depends on how you raise them and their personality. My daughter knows she's always invited and it's her decision if she goes with or stays home. She makes her own decisions but knows she is welcome, so even if she changes her mind and wants to come last minute we will make it work and she will be coming along.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have three daughters and two of the three have hunted. My middle daughter got a great bull a few years ago and then went to college. She got married in June and Sept 2 her husband texted a pic to me of her holding her first turkey. I didn't even know she had gotten a tag. She's gone out on her own now, so pretty sure she's a hunter. My youngest has gone, but not sure that she's going to be into it much. My oldest......probably not, but she'll do an elk hunt eventually whether she wants to or not, because she has 12 points now.

elkyinzer

WKR
7 yo girl loves to hang around camp, goes on hikes, goes fishing, but no interest in hunting yet. Haven't really pressed her on it, we'll see if it changes when she gets older. I don't really care one way or another. My wife doesn't hunt and I'm glad she doesn't frankly.

4 yo boy is into it, he will be my hunting buddy I hope. I would be bummed if he wasn't.

7 month old girl who knows?

Scoot

WKR
Here's my sweetheart before she decided hunting "just takes too long". She loves sports and is kind of a tomboy in some ways, but unfortunately hunting isn't her jam. I love her just the same though!

Attachments

• P1060104-01.jpeg
    P1060104-01.jpeg
    618.7 KB · Views: 39
  • P1080625-01.jpeg
    P1080625-01.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P1070832-01.jpeg
    P1070832-01.jpeg
    650.2 KB · Views: 37

amassi

WKR
Wife and daughter hunted until daughter hit highschool, now I'm solo until my son gets older.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bpa556

FNG
2 daughters. One is a senior in college and the other is a freshman in college.

They grew up hunting with my wife and I. Both love the outdoors. Both know exactly how food gets to their tables and both have killed deer. Both will clean whatever they shoot. Both enjoy it, but neither is avid about it. They can stay in and read a book as willingly as go out and kill some supper.

I’m okay with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sivart

WKR
I have two teenage daughters. As much as I've tried to get them hunting, I can't compete with basketball and volleyball, which they both love.

My hope is to get them involved in their adult life.

WCB

WKR
100% right now...although they are 3.5yrs and 1.5 yrs so really no choice. Oldest as of right now loves it. I bought her a Mokelumne Youth bow from 3rivers Archery. She asks to shoot it daily. Our 1.5yr old just likes being free to run and destroy things so I think she will enjoy it but seems to be on track to be more of an active hunting type not sit still type where our oldest has been great in the deer stand with me or her aunt the last two years.

cnelk

WKR
Yep - my daughter (28) hunts. Doesn’t get to as much as she wants since she’s also a mom.

She drew a primo 4th season buck deer tag for next week and she’s pretty stoked about it.

3666EF79-DD27-474C-A9F5-AB072C6EA50D.jpeg

Reactions: 686

Northpark

WKR
My daughter is only 4. She's a pissed off ball of carnage. She might hunt. More likely she'll jump out of airplanes or something like that.
Mine was like that til at around age 6-7 she figured out that not thinking about something before doing it hurts sometimes. Now she’s still a ball of energy but thinks and started shying away from stuff that hurts a bit.

Wolf_trapper

Lil-Rokslider
My wife shoots a elk and deer most years. I'm hoping that will help make my 2 daughters be involved. Ive been hauling my 3 yr old daughter around on easy trips and she loves to go.

Mine was like that til at around age 6-7 she figured out that not thinking about something before doing it hurts sometimes. Now she’s still a ball of energy but thinks and started shying away from stuff that hurts a bit.

That gives me hope! This one, I'm pretty sure she's ADHD, just always moving, running into stuff, hurting herself, breaking things, unapologetically sure of herself and borderline defiant. To her credit she is very tough and has a ton of grit, and can be very sweet at times. I imagine my father of the bride speech to be concluded with "good luck buddy."

Northpark

WKR
That gives me hope! This one, I'm pretty sure she's ADHD, just always moving, running into stuff, hurting herself, breaking things, unapologetically sure of herself and borderline defiant. To her credit she is very tough and has a ton of grit, and can be very sweet at times. I imagine my father of the bride speech to be concluded with "good luck buddy."
Yup. Sounds just like mine. I’ve even told my wife that when our daughter starts dating all I gotta tell the young man is “good luck.”

Crusader

WKR
I have a 29 y/o daughter who killed a nice whitetail buck her freshman year of high school; she went with me the following year and that was the last time. High school activities, then college life, then grad school, then elementary school teaching career put the kabosh on hunting. She married a great guy who wasn't a hunter and whom I hoped would be one but so far, doesn't look like it will happen. Other daughter is 25, just started her career as an attorney, wants no part of hunting. I'm relegated to hoping and praying she'll marry a guy who wants to hunt and she'll take it up too (amazing how young adults suddenly become interested in certain hobbies which their new love interest is involved with!).

Time and age does change things so you guys who have younger daughters that hunt now, cherish these years because they may not last forever.