What % of your daughters hunt???

Extrapale

WKR
Mine does not hunt currently. She has been on a few unsuccessful turkey hunts. She also tagged along on some deer, goose, and scouting trips.

She has points if she ever decides to get into it in the future.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

crich

WKR
Too early to tell mine are almost 3 and almost 1... but I had the older one out last summer baiting flies with beer on the concrete and shooting them with a bug a-salt so thats a good start. She loved it haha

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mine are both young, but they both like it to some degree. However, one likes it a LOT more than the other. We will see how this plays out in the next couple of years.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 daughters. My oldest is 17 and loves hunting (and she’s pretty darn good at it) my 14 year old has little interest, but sees the importance and understands why we hunt.

MT_Fin

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter isnt old enough yet, she can start hunting next year as part of the apprentice program here in Montana, but she is roaring to go so I would say its a safe bet casting a 100% vote from me.

Interesting read. Come February I'll have 2 daughters under 2. Their mother isn't the slightest bit interested in hunting but she is very outdoorsy and loves backpacking and working on habitat projects on our land. I'm not overly optimistic that my daughters will turn into hunters but I think there's a good chance we'll help foster a passion for the outdoors in them at least.

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 16 year old daughter and don't think I will ever see the day that she hunts. She loves animals too much. At least she is ok with hunting and not against it. The part I look at as a win is although I can't get her to hunt, she does love hiking and camping. As long as you can find something you both enjoy that is a win.

SnowCult

FNG
I have 7 and 9 year old daughters and the last 4 years I’ve been taking them out on MN bow opener in our stump blind. They seem to like it.

Kgreen5

FNG
My 11 year old daughter hunts. Killed her first deer at 7 years old. She will be turning 12 in a few months and has killed 7 deer total(whitetail). My 8 year old daughter has no interest in being the shooter but will go some.

hunterjmj

WKR
I have 2 daughters 5 & 7 and while they don't hunt yet they both love going. One is really into shed hunting and the youngest loves finding rocks. I take them both separately so we can do what they like. I'm really hoping they enjoy hunting cause I have big dreams of spending a week in the wall tent hunting mule deer and elk once they are older.

Only have one daughter-she is 16 now and loves to hunt. She has killed 2 deer with a muzzleloader. Since starting high school, she has not been able to get out as much with drill team obligations, school activities and of course boys 👎🏻

She still has the fire though and wants to go whenever possible. I have been building her points up in our home state and surrounding western states.

bobinmi

WKR
3 girls, 9, 7, and 5. The 9yr old seems to be interested. I wish there was more adventurous opportunity than whitetails and stand hunting locally but she seems to enjoy it. My 7yr old likes to go and watch the animals but prefers that I don't shoot anything if she is around. We've come to a compromise and if a wall hanger appears I'll shoot, otherwise we eat snacks in the shack and watch deer while she plays with the rangefinder. My 5yr old seems to be into it, we shall see. Not gonna lie, I get real jealous when I see pics of Dad's with their sons out in the woods. I truly hope that goes away at some point.

tuffcity

WKR
3 kid, now in their 20's and all hunt. Oldest is my "little girl"- she'll always be that even though at 28 and with a son of her own it's not really an accurate description. lol

Of all of them she has always been the biggest information sponge of all things wild and hunting and now arranges her some of her time off from work around my hunting schedule. My SIL doesn't hunt but loves wild game and is more than happy stay home with the little guy while my daughter goes- even if it's for a week. And he's always ready to come out and "pick up heavy things and move them from A to B". I'm good with that. :)

My oldest son likes to figure stuff out for himself and my youngest just enjoys being out there. My wife didn't hunt before we met but took to it quickly and she's a serious predator in her own right.

I think an intrinsic hunting role model, more so than a "celebrity" one, helps with fostering a life long interest in hunting. Be it the dad or, even better, a mom, aunt or close female family friend. Campfires and good stories help too. :giggle: Above all, if you don't take them out, they won't know if they don't go.

OP
ShortMountain91
Had a good sign yesterday. Was going to take my son out to sit in the duck blind for opening weekend. I asked my daughter if she wanted to go and she said no but as I was getting decoys out she lit up and said she wanted to go. So took them both and they both had fun. Ran around like crazy in the blind, no way were we gonna shoot anything but they at least got out with dad and had fun