What % of your daughters hunt???

I just brought my 2nd daughter home. She's my 4th kid. I have a 5 year old girl, 3 year old boy, lost my 3rd which would have been another boy, and now have my 2nd daughter home. It got me wondering for guys who have multiple girls, what percentage are you batting for turning those girls into hunters?

My 3 year old son seems to love it and wants to go with me every chance he gets. My 5 year old daughter seems to show little to no interest. Would rather get her toes done with mama which is totally fine but hoping I can bat 50% with this little girl.

What average are you guys running???

Binz17

Lil-Rokslider
My 15yo daughter likes to shoot and hike, been on some hunts but its just not her thing. My 13yo son is all in. My 8yo daughter loves tagging along and can't wait til she gets to shoot a critter. So batting .500 with the girls.

OP
ShortMountain91
My 15yo daughter likes to shoot and hike, been on some hunts but its just not her thing. My 13yo son is all in. My 8yo daughter loves tagging along and can't wait til she gets to shoot a critter. So batting .500 with the girls.
Nice and it's your 2nd that's into it. Giving me hope man!

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
50%. My 4 year old hunts and it is because she bugs me about going. My 2 year old has yet to express an interest, but time is on my side.

go_deep

WKR
Only one daughter, but she loves to hunt, but on small amounts. 2 full days seems to be her limit, which is just fine, better than nothing!

Northpark

WKR
One daughter. She’s 9. She’s a good shot and pretty darn tough. She really enjoys the backpacking aspect of wilderness hunts. She is excited about hunting and has taken one animal so far an exotic ram which was a big adventure for her. She seems to enjoy hunts where there is some comfort involved best. Like Texas where we can stay in a ranch house and then only have to walk 200 yards from the SxS to the blind then sit for a few hours in relative comfort before going back for lunch vs hunt all day for multiple days and sleep in the dirt.

Trr15

WKR
My 15 yr old has tagged along with me since she was 7. Finally told me a few weeks ago that she wants to take her hunter’s safety course and hunt antelope next season. Made me very happy! My 4 yr old is a tomboy and can’t wait to start hunting with me. Lol. Looks like it will be 100% for me. My middle kid is a boy and he’s going to start hunting next season too. Freezer space could become an issue real soon in my house. There are worse problems to have I guess

My daughter has shown a lot of interest in hunting since I can remember . She’s 7 and asks me often how old she has to be to get a tag. She’s helped me gut deer and elk and has no problem getting up early to go for a day hunt with dad. Get them in the woods when they are young.

bbell

WKR
Batting .500 right now. My younger daughter does want to try it though, so hopefully will get her out sometime. Funny thing is my 14 year old passed a cow elk because she was nervous and didn’t want to kill it. Couple weeks later she killed her first buck. Now she’s kicking herself for not shooting the elk. It was a good experience and has actually increased her drive to hunt.

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
My oldest daughter has gone with me a couple times, and wants to go with me this year, she's 17. My 16 yr old daughter loves to fish, and likes coming with me hunting too. She doesn't like the sound of guns, so doesn't shoot though.

Doubt either of them will hunt much on their own, but I think my younger daughter will fish alot for many years to come.

One out of three for me. They are all adults now 18,21 and 23. They all hunted with me when they were youngsters but the middle daughter is the only one that hunts with me now.The other 2 are fishing/hiking and camping fools, but cold weather is not their gig. The oldest lives in Texas and is moving back to Idaho here in the near future. She has shown some interest in getting back into hunting. She had a bad experience once on a cow that she hit and we couldn’t find her. We looked for 2 solid days. Ever since then she has shown no desire to get out.

jazz3ring

WKR
100%. I have 3 kids, all daughters who are ages 18, 14, and 11. They enjoy hunting elk, deer, bear, and turkeys. I am so thankful and fortunate that they enjoy hunting and spending time with me in the outdoors.

mlgc20

WKR
Two daughters. 15 and 13. Both are hunters and beasts in the outdoors. My oldest has hiked a week into the Thorofare twice and killed a bunch of animals. Including a cow elk in Colorado that she processed almost completely on her own. My 13 year old has gone on tons of hunts with us. But, she just had her first time behind the gun last week. She got a great public land, backcountry doe in Colorado. Very proud of the outdoorsmen they have become.

25% consistent for me. 4 daughters, the oldest hunts consistently when she is home from college. 2nd has no interest at all, 3rd has bouts of interest and actually took me rabbit hunting this year, no real interest yet from the 4th.

Esse quam videri

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
50% hunt. I have two daughters 21 and 19. Older daughter loves to hunt but hates to fish. Younger daughter has never wanted to hunt but it takes a team of mules to pull her off the water when she is fishing. 17 year old son is passionate about hunting and fishing

Decker9

WKR
I’m 100% with one 9 y/o girl. It took until about 7 years old before she started feeling comfortable with large sized game, but is totally into it this year.

It sucks we have to wait until age 10 for our kiddo’s to harvest up here. She was ready for grouse about age 6. The way the laws are though, it’s not worth risking it. Needless to say we’re super excited for next season!!

Natimblue

FNG
18 yo daughter hunts but doesn’t share the same passion as her 16 yo brother. I think she really likes hanging out with us at camp and getting into the woods. My 14 yo daughter has gone a few times but didn’t show any interest in “killing” anything, she will sit in a stand and watch deer.