What % of your daughters hunt???

Mojave

WKR
I have 4 daughters, none hunt. One is 25, and I have 3 grandsons.

I am doubtful any will hunt.

Tried to offer, then got frustrated and gave a little push, no interest yet.

You lost an infant, a child or a pre-delivery pregnancy? I ask because we lost the 3rd one aged one. About half way in. Was our first, it is super common, and feels like someone ripped your soul out.

My friend lost a 3 year old and a 5 year old to a neighbors BBQ smoker. A low pressure system, pushed smoke into the neighbors house. A guy needs to tend his smoker even if it means being up all night.

Was about 20 years ago. Wouldn't wish that level of soul ripping pain on anyone.

Kroach

FNG
My daughter is six and has started showing interest. She wants to go turkey hunting but doesn't want to kill anything. Told her we can just take pictures this year. Hoping that this is the door opening to a love of outdoors and hunting for her.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Got a 13 y/o & 11 y/o that have gotten their hunters safety certs. Both really enjoy pheasant hunting but seem lukewarm to whitetail hunting they’ve both gone and sat with me but haven’t been with on a hunt I’ve connected on.

Have a 6 y/o also that has only been on pheasant hunts - she enjoys that.

Youngest is 3 y/o son and he loves watching shows and being outside but no hunting trips to speak of under his belt.

Best of luck to you!!

My daughter (17) has her own weatherby camilla rifle and doesn’t love hunting. She does like to come ride horses though…

My daughter is only 3 but loves helping when processing meat. Mostly wrapping steaks and drawing on the packages. She says she wants to go with me so I am excited to see what happens

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
ShortMountain91
You lost an infant, a child or a pre-delivery pregnancy? I ask because we lost the 3rd one aged one. About half way in. Was our first, it is super common, and feels like someone ripped your soul out.

My friend lost a 3 year old and a 5 year old to a neighbors BBQ smoker. A low pressure system, pushed smoke into the neighbors house. A guy needs to tend his smoker even if it means being up all night.

I'm very sorry for your loss and agree I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. We lost him at 20 weeks into the pregnancy. Wife still went and delivered him at the hospital and I got to hold him at least. We have a small graveyard where all the family is buried next to our farm. Still get teared up every time I drive by and whenever I'm out in the field I think of him.

03mossy

WKR
50% so far with the girls. 16 year old will come with me but no interest in shooting. 14 year old is a deer killing machine but has no interest in range time just likes to hunt. I have a 3rd daughter that’s 6 that is already begging to come with. Also have 1 son in the mix who is 11 that can get enough hunting or shooting!

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
Both of my daughter's hunt, as well as their mother.
Although they have all only harvested deer, they have tried a couple times for elk and moose

13 year old daughter is all in and has taken a few animals .She dislikes very cold weather and sitting waiting for deer. So we no longer go out when it’s below 15 or sit for deer. Change the way you hunt to accommodate the kids and they will keep going. Drag their ass out of bed at 5 am on Saturday morning when it’s 5 degrees and your kids might loose interest quick.

Loebs

Lil-Rokslider
Both my daughters had shown interest over the last few years. They are now 15 and 13. I started them off shooting Red Rider bb guns when they were little. Also ran a youth archery program in the summers at church. All the kids loved it. As they got older we transitioned into 22's and then .223. This year I got them a 6.5cm to begin shooting. They are both phenomenal shots. They each drew a WY antelope tag this year. However due to work, school, and hurricanes we didn't get to go until the last week of the season. They were troopers, hiking between 4 and 7 miles a day. Spotting animals on their own, and making numerous stalks of almost a mile. My youngest spotted the herd this buck was in and they made a 3/4 mile stalk to get into position. A single shot from 260 yards cleanly put him down. They helped quarter and pack out as well as butcher and get it wrapped and frozen. We came close on some others for my youngest, but it wasn't to be. We had a great time, made tons of memories and they are already excited to go next season. All of this was done on public land with the girls making the decisions on how hard to hunt, where to go (with some coaching), and what animals to try and make a move on. I let them set the pace and the goal was to be safe, see more of God's creation, and spend time together. If we were able to harvest an animal, that was a bonus.
0fd790fc1093ede2b4b783bb01e8bd1e.jpg
682f708a7be89995b9319e56dbf5dfe4.jpg
540aa70b36f683a81a3dd051a69d03b2.jpg
65e5e8269566d32536ef5842fb971ea6.jpg
d908d6434b3d4111791e6525c2f0aa99.jpg
7b0a42342eddb6a72c849b03f749f085.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk