What is your equipment upgrade strategy?

Bangstick

FNG
The great thing about the internets is that the collective audience comes from every aspect of life, to include financial; I have no doubt this forum covers the full spectrum.

As a family guy, I only do one aspect a year and use the bulk of my limited hunting budget for tags, trip costs, and bullets to shoot every week. This last year I scored two tags, upgraded my sleep system to a lighter and more comfortable setup, and left the rest for dedicated weekly shooting practice. This year I’m shooting for two tags again, scored rain gear during the end of year blow outs, and should be able to increase my shooting slightly.

So what is your approach to upgrading your equipment?

- Drop the big bucks every few years for a complete upgrade?
- Piecemeal certain aspects every year?
- Only upgrade when something fails or a new proven technology can replace an older technology?
If it will make me more successful i will try to upgrade. If I can stay longer on the mountain or glass with less eye fatigue and so on.
I had back surgery in 2019 and have struggled with heavy loads hurting me with my kuiu pack. I researched the top brands and settled in the exo mnt k4. I can’t believe the difference!!! So glad i took the plung