Which optics to upgrade first

TaperPin

WKR
Ranging it is a concern for me because it impacts both my rifle and archery hunts. I'd probably keep the current RF as backup and let the wife use it for 3D. So we both benefit there. I do agree about electronics outdating themselves quickly hence another reservation I have about LRF/Bino combos.

Hunting southern Idaho. So wide open nothing to Timber. This year i hunted a new unit and felt completely under glassed in the bino department. Especially after borrowing some and instantly seeing more detail than before.

I do have backup scopes/rifles if it came to be, but they have their own string of issues. The SWFA would likely get moved to another rifle and that rifle may get dusted off and shot/turned into a backup.

Here's a couple examples of paths I have been throwing around in my head. Not necessarily dead set on them, not here to debate brands yet. Just trying to get rough budget ideas now.

1)Buy a Nightforce SHV or Maven Rifle Scope AND a new Sig LRF this year. Next year Buy Swaro SLC, EL, Razor HD,UHD, Maven etc.
2) Buy Nightforce NXS/NX8 or Swaro EL bino this year. Buy the other next year. Buy RF when ever funds allow.
3) Buy Razor HD binos and RF this year. Buy Rifle scope next.
Sounds like you’ll make a good decision, whichever way you go.

Don’t overlook the deals on last year’s sig rangefinders. I was prepared to spend three times as much as I did, and couldn’t be happier with the one I ended up with - Amazon has great returns and that must make open box deals more common there than other places.

Tmac

WKR
For upgrades, I’d start with Bino’s. There are 10x42 Zeiss Conquest HD’s for $600. I suspect they have a new model coming out. They are stellar glass, usually around 1k, and are close to alpha glass imo. I think they are the best bang for the $ right now if budget is a factor. They are actually affordable enough, one could get the rangefinder too and be less than a pair of alpha Bino’s.