What hydration mix do you use?

I've been using camelbak elixer the last few years. I heard Aron say somewhere that he uses Mountain Ops yehti with a lemonade mix I think. It got me wondering what everyone uses to give a little boost, tastes great and is less filling :D

Wilderness Athlete Hydrate and Recover, Berry Blast Flavor. I don't care for the other flavor, but berry blast is awesome !! If you like lemon-lime, it is on sale for about $10.00 off per container, and you get free shipping if you sign up for the loyalty program (which you can cancel at any time).

actually he said he used raspberry enduro with raspberry lemonade drink mix.
DO NOT try this mix! It is highly addictive!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Wilderness Athlete Hydrate and Recover, Berry Blast Flavor. I don't care for the other flavor, but berry blast is awesome !! If you like lemon-lime, it is on sale for about $10.00 off per container, and you get free shipping if you sign up for the loyalty program (which you can cancel at any time).

I use same. Im a huge fan of Wilderness Athlete. Tried the Mountain Ops and it wasn't my thing. My logic is if I don't like it its going to be hard getting it into the system. The Berry Blast is my favorite of all that I have tried. I also use the propel packets for just drinking around camp. Not a huge straight water fan at all.

tenth1

Lil-Rokslider
I have trouble keeping up with enough electrolytes, NUUN is the best that I have tried between taste, weight and function.

OP
Browtinemt
actually he said he used raspberry enduro with raspberry lemonade drink mix.
DO NOT try this mix! It is highly addictive!

Raspberry anything is my biggest weakness, thanks for correcting me...I think :)

I use same. Im a huge fan of Wilderness Athlete. Tried the Mountain Ops and it wasn't my thing. My logic is if I don't like it its going to be hard getting it into the system. The Berry Blast is my favorite of all that I have tried. I also use the propel packets for just drinking around camp. Not a huge straight water fan at all.

Not a straight water fan either, which is the main reason for this thread. I have to force myself to eat and drink in the backcountry so I was trying to find a super secret sauce recipe to make drinking more of a palatable habit. The propel packets gave me terrible heart burn for some reason.

Thanks for all the replies. So far the raspberry one sounds the best, but I've never done the suppliment thing, is enduro going to make me all hopped up on mountain dew chip?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hydrate and recovery here gives me just enough boost to keep this old body chasin! Them bulls along with naproxen😀

elkyinzer

WKR
Mostly just water. I mix up a gatorade once a day or so, the cool blue flavor being my favorite. Throw in some vitamin I (ibuprofin), Aleve, and NoDoz and that keeps me rocking and rolling just fine.

Aventus

Lil-Rokslider
Pedialyte. The liquid form, not powder. Does wonders for colds/fevers and hang overs. Does great at hydrating.

I make my own, or use WA hydrate & recover and energy & focus. Had a "superman" (1 scoop each) today by the way. I use it for keeping mentally alert for work. Ill often sub a superman for coffee in the am out hinting cuz its easier on the gut and doesnt force the MT house out I ate the night before like coffee does about 20 min into my bike/hike form camp.

I make my own, or use WA hydrate & recover and energy & focus. Had a "superman" (1 scoop each) today by the way. I use it for keeping mentally alert for work. Ill often sub a superman for coffee in the am out hinting cuz its easier on the gut and doesnt force the MT house out I ate the night before like coffee does about 20 min into my bike/hike form camp.

The hydrate & Recover works very well, but the Energy & Focus should not be used in the hydration bladder. You need to drink it when you make it. I tried mixing them in my Camelbak, and the Energy & Focus caused the mixture to thicken. I had to end up dumping it out and flushing out the Camelbak . Energy & Focus is a great product, and the "Superman" is a great booster anytime. Just drink it when you mix it. The Hydrate & Recover lasts hours and hours in the Camelbak.

robtattoo

WKR
WA hydrate & recovery for me too.
I've always been skeptical of supplements, in fact this is really the first thing I've tried, but man does it work!
I'm outta shape, overweight & don't get near enough exercise, but the difference in recovery with the h&r over regular water astonished me! One 3 mile hike in the hills converted me.