What hydration mix do you use?

2ski

WKR
What about Mio if you're not looking for the supplement thing.

I just do straight water in my hydration pouch. To much of a pain to clean it out so if I was going to have a mix, I'd carry a lightweight bottle with me to use to mix stuff in.

Whatever my hunting partner has on him. ;) These days he seems to be using WA Hydrate and Recovery mostly. Wish he would find some other flavors though.

twall13

WKR
I just do straight water in my hydration pouch. To much of a pain to clean it out so if I was going to have a mix, I'd carry a lightweight bottle with me to use to mix stuff in.

This is exactly what I do. After being out a few days I really want to chug a drink without sucking through a tube so it's nice to have a nalgene or Gatorade bottle for that purpose and it's a good way to keep the hydration bladder clean.

I typically use propel packets but I'm looking to try something new so I appreciate everyone's comments.

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
Advocare Spark and Rehydrate, one serving of each in the morning and one of each in the afternoon. Keeps me going all daylong. Love the taste too. I carry a lightweight bottle as well to mix. I tried doing it straight out of my water bladder a few years back and it didn't work to well.

robtattoo

WKR
What about Mio if you're not looking for the supplement thing.

I carry a little 16oz nalgene in a bottle pouch, just for my mix. That way I can alternate between it & the plain water in my bladder.

Great thread, I just Amazoned me some Nuun.

I have trouble staying hydrated just drinking water or G2 when doing lots of hiking, basketball or biking. I drink some mineral water and take Magnesium supplements too, eat bananas like a Gorilla and its still not enough.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jeffpg

WKR
I only put water in my hydration pack but I keep a bottle for my WA products, which I'm pretty high on. I have a Superman every morning and a Hydrate & Recover nightcap each evening, and often one or both during the day, just depending.

I tried the Nunn and it's ok but I've not tried the MtnOps products.

I fill my Camelbak every morning with Hydrate & Recover, and then refill for the afternoon hunt. I try to stay well hydrated, and drink before
I feel thirsty.

Hokkaido

Banned
I have been using two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen for many years, gotta say it's worked awesome for me so far!:cool: Really good stuff! But after reading through all these posts it looks like I've been missing out on some really cool radical stuff.

I'm just pretty happy without all the chemicals, kinda like the meat I eat. I keep a snickers in my pack just in case I find myself tired at the bottom of a big hill. Glad I can keep things kinda simple and still be content. Cheers!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm just pretty happy without all the chemicals, kinda like the meat I eat.

Ya, but you don't remove the protein from the meat do you? Of course not.

So adding in essential vitamins, amino's, and electrolytes isn't a bad thing to do for high intensity activities.

Are you guys doing these mixes during a "lunch break"? or is this an all day thing?

It depends how and where I'm hunting. I will generally drink the stuff in the afternoon after a morning hunt, then again in the evening before bed. Just depends how hard I'm going. I know when I need it......based on the intensity of the hunt. I will fill my 32oz Nalgene usually twice in a day with H&R and maybe the Electromix, plus I go through my 3L bladder as well with just water. Water is the only thing that goes in my Camelbak.

OP
Browtinemt
I'm just pretty happy without all the chemicals, kinda like the meat I eat. I keep a snickers in my pack just in case I find myself tired at the bottom of a big hill. Glad I can keep things kinda simple and still be content. Cheers!

Ignorance is bliss, but whatever turns your crank Hokkaido you keep rocking that.

Thanks for all the ideas, just trying to find either the WA or MO here in a store to test drive. For those of you sipping all day, how do either of these taste when they're warm after a long September archery day? I can't imagine it's worse than warm water.

charvey9

WKR
I've used some of the powdered drink mixes, but packing in enough for a week just takes up too much room for me. I carry some of the concentrated Mio liquid. One little bottle will mix about 5 liters and last me for an entire hunt. Provides some flavor, electrolytes, and the energy mix is also caffeinated.