Which smith to chamber a barrel in 6 PRC?

OP
Schmo

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Which calculator did you use? I did one and it said 12 lbs recoil

Had Manzella Precision do mine, he used an Ace blank, turned out awesome with cerekote, 20” length. But it’s a #3 contour and ended up heavier than I thought, bumped my rifle weight up almost an lb…anyone have an idea what kind of weight fluting could cut out? I see why people are going taper less on steel!

I’d consider just having it recontoured to your desired weight.

OP
Schmo

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Now I’m in a quandary between a CF or fluted stainless steel. I love the looks of Proof CF barrels, as I currently own two, and have had a total of three. Kinda thinking Proof CF, or an Ace stainless fluted. What say you? I realize CF doesn’t do anything but look cool.

kad11

WKR
Manzella just added some freebore to two Tikka 243 barrels for me - I dropped them off with dummy rounds on Sunday evening and had them back Thursday afternoon.

khuber84

WKR
The 6prc Manzella worked his magic with. Gave him a dummy with 115 dtac and it's about 230k freebore. Doesn't go below neck till about 75k off lands. Shooting mild break in today with 58gr of a slow lot H1000, going low 3000s. Shooting really well so far, every seating depth has been under moa, 15-20k were both under 1/3 moa for 5 shot groups. Only have 35 rounds through it. Hope to have load dev done next week. He cut me a 20" 6cm barrel too, thing did 10 shots at 0.4moa with factory 108eldm, just stupid. He's a great smith!
63850.jpeg