What hydration mix do you use?

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the Nuun. Pre-measured tablets make mixing simple and not messy like powders. The waterproof tubes have a desiccant in then so they stay protected even when your gear gets soaked. And one tube is plenty to get me through 4-5 days of hard hiking.

They don't funk up bladders or bottles either, easy to rinse out but you don't need to until the trip is over so that's a plus.

Altogether probably the best option for hydration in the backcountry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robtattoo

WKR
Just ordered Nuun to try. I'm a believer in the WA h&r, but for the price, I've got to give Nuun a try. $16 shipped for 40 doses sure beats the hell outta $30 for 20!

16Bore

WKR
WA and just for the fact that they make a hat that actually fits my noggin. Advocare is the same shit, just sissified advertising. I'm sure some where there's a big plant putting same stuff in different containers and calling it something else.

Cub10

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm I was torn between WA and Mtn Ops. Now this Nuun is sounding like some good stuff for the price! I was wanting to try something out that will give me a boost and keep me going. Dang now have to really break down everything and see what I'm going to get!

Cub10

Lil-Rokslider
Will the WA hydrate & recover give a small boost?

What Nuun product are all you guys using? What flavors?

Waterdawg

FNG
First Endurance - EFS (Electrolyte Fuel System) - Grape Flavor. Used this with great success this year on my NWT sheep hunt, backpack mountain hunts and during endurance events (Ironman triathlons). This mix has a very mild taste. Not too sweet. It is from the running/ironman triathlon world. It includes the 3 BCAA (Branched Chain Amino Acids) for muscle recovery as well.

EFS Electrolyte Drinks Powder Mix | First Endurance

Hokkaido

Banned
Ignorance is bliss, but whatever turns your crank Hokkaido you keep rocking that.

I took a bit of an offense to that Brow. I had this whole thing ready to go about energy drinks and how it must be blissful to ignorantly think that you can drink them and your body not end up paying the price later. But after a bit of research I found this stuff is different, so my apologies there. I had a VO2 max test last week and am at my highest ever, 57. I've never drank energy drinks, other than a bit of Jagermeister and Jim Beam, and eat my venison nearly everyday. I stay fairly healthy and have never been passed up by another fella in the woods, although last year a 22 yo fit wrangler just about got me while we were packing my bull to the trail.
So I looked into nuun and went off and ordered the energy type as I see it only contains half the caffeine as a cup of coffee. So a bit of an about face there. But hey, gotta keep an open mind, I'm a republican you know. Anybody find that the energy type makes you jittery? I would hate that.

sr80

WKR
You guys that use WA hydrate and recover...when do you drink it on a hunt? Morning? while hiking or before bed? Whats the best?

You guys that use WA hydrate and recover...when do you drink it on a hunt? Morning? while hiking or before bed? Whats the best?
I put it in my Camelbak for the morning hunt, then refill for the evening hunt. I drink it continuously throughout the hunt. I try to stay well hydrated, and drink before I feel thirsty.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Mostly in the afternoon and evening. I'll drink 32-64oz of water mixed with it every day, 1 scoop for each 16oz.

^^^^This is in addition to the water in my 3L Camelbak that I drink as well. As well as the 40oz of coffee I'll have every day (20oz morning, 20oz afternoon).

OP
Browtinemt
I took a bit of an offense to that Brow. I had this whole thing ready to go about energy drinks and how it must be blissful to ignorantly think that you can drink them and your body not end up paying the price later. But after a bit of research I found this stuff is different, so my apologies there. I had a VO2 max test last week and am at my highest ever, 57. I've never drank energy drinks, other than a bit of Jagermeister and Jim Beam, and eat my venison nearly everyday. I stay fairly healthy and have never been passed up by another fella in the woods, although last year a 22 yo fit wrangler just about got me while we were packing my bull to the trail.
So I looked into nuun and went off and ordered the energy type as I see it only contains half the caffeine as a cup of coffee. So a bit of an about face there. But hey, gotta keep an open mind, I'm a republican you know. Anybody find that the energy type makes you jittery? I would hate that.

Ha-ha, I hate it when that happens. Glad you kept an open mind and hope it increases the greatness of your season this year. I have to apologize too because reading that back it sounds more aggressive that intended, so sorry brother. As far as jitters go, I haven't tried anything yet, but if 5miles can put down that much coffee and WA, I don't think jitters are an issue.

^^^^This is in addition to the water in my 3L Camelbak that I drink as well. As well as the 40oz of coffee I'll have every day (20oz morning, 20oz afternoon).

5miles, I think you have a drinking problem. :D What flavor of WA keeps you drinking that much?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
5miles, I think you have a drinking problem. :D What flavor of WA keeps you drinking that much?

I like the Berry Blast H&R, I don't use any of that other "energy" stuff. I have plenty of energy even without the coffee.....it's that ADHD thing.

As for the drinking problem.......I tried to "get healthy" about 13 years ago and give up coffee. That next year I had more physical problems than I could even think of. I had cat scans and every intestinal test known to man. Was horrible for over a year, and one morning I said to heck with it and had my coffee and was back to drinking it every day. Within 3 days everything was back to normal and has been good since. Now I don't go without it.

Of course that bout with giardia could have caused some of those effects early on in that time frame, but odd that it all went away when I started coffee back up.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
Will the WA hydrate & recover give a small boost?

What Nuun product are all you guys using? What flavors?

My favorite flavors are fruit punch and lemon lime cold.

For the Energy flavors, cherry limeade and mango orange.

For drinking them hot, orange is the best. I drink them hot at night before turning in. Staying hydrated while sleeping helps muscle recovery.

Also the bicarbonate in Nuun helps to distinguish lactic acid buildup, preventing muscle soreness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Canceled my WA order to try Nuun. The cherry limeade gets a pass, tastes like licorice. Now I only have to choke down 9 more. Oof.