What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone already forget about this? This is the only actual boots-on-the-ground, comprehensive study of this virus. WHY IS THIS NOT BEING TALKED ABOUT MORE?? Page 11 is pretty clear. They have no confirmed reports of children passing this to adults. And it is pretty difficult to get in general. IMO this is the only real information we have and should be the only thing the MSM should be talking about. Closing schools won't do anything except put added stress on parents and hurt them financially. People need to make this report go viral (bad choice of words?) because the media certainly isn't sharing this with anyone. This is directly from the World Health Organizations team on the ground in Wuhan last month (its a PDF file). If you have social media please start sharing this report with everyone you know!

ODB

WKR
interesting numbers:

Hubei province, Iran, Korea, and Italy have 77% of the confirmed cases and 93% of deaths.

each of these locations (and USA too) have almost 10x the number of confirmed cases as the next highest province or country in the region.

it’s like of the region categories WHO uses have ONE outlier that makes the others look like rookies. Odd.

Rich M

WKR
I think Trump is doing what he can to get us out from behind this and out in front of it but I think we’re gonna have to completely shut down for a week or two if we really want to slow down spreading covid19, when this really gets going I think you’ll really see the :poop: hit the fan, I don’t think we’ve seen real panic yet but I’m afraid we’re going to, I hope not but I’m afraid it’s gonna happen.

I've seen fol
Well that's just not true. R95 / 100 masks do filter against virus's, that's why every health care worker is wearing one in every picture you see.
Everything I've read has said not to wear em unless you're sick.

I've got some n95s and might wear em if folks start piling up sick around here.

I've seen fol

Everything I've read has said not to wear em unless you're sick.

I've got some n95s and might wear em if folks start piling up sick around here.
By the time anyone around you is "sick" you have already gotten it from them, you just haven't presented symptoms yet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
Man I’m sure glad I just go on living and don’t worry myself with every single thing!

Funny how people grow accustomed to all the other much more dangerous things out there, but my god, if it’s anything new we need to plain old PANIC!

Guess what, the elderly and sick die of the common cold every day. But since it’s “common” we all ok with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COVID-19 is a novel corona virus (there are 7 known corona viruses)
Because it is novel, not much is known about it relative to the 6 other corona viruses.

The source was a wildlife wet market, which was also the source for SARS in 2003.
Wildlife wet markets are multi-species of live wildlife are stacked in cages.
With COVID-19, they suspect a bat transmitted the virus to the cage below containing a pangolin,
and the pangolin then trasmitted the virus to humans.

One of risk is a spike in COVID-19 cases exceeding the capacity of hospitals,
thus affecting anyone who needs hospital service.

Another risk is multiple deaths in susceptible populations such as nursing homes.

Alaska got it's first known case today....

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
President Trump says a domestic travel ban within the United States is “a possibility” to fight the spread of the coronavirus from Wuhan, China.

While answering questions at the White House on Thursday, Trump said he was not ruling out a plan to implement a domestic travel ban to stop state-to-state transmissions of the coronavirus.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-12-at-2.32.16-PM.png

President Trump says a domestic travel ban within the United States is “a possibility” to fight the spread of the coronavirus from Wuhan, China.

While answering questions at the White House on Thursday, Trump said he was not ruling out a plan to implement a domestic travel ban to stop state-to-state transmissions of the coronavirus.

View attachment 161576

You’ll love this - my wife also pointed out that all their masks at the hospital come from China... so they’re pacing the use of them since imports are jacked now. Too bad that Made in the USA was replaced by a race to the bottom for cheap shit from slave labor.

Ive got money on SDOW for another week, then planning my summer fishing trips with the kids.

tdot

WKR
So the Prime Minister of Canada's wife has tested positive. He's now in Quarantine.

He is such a wanker, but I don't wish sickness on anyone. But maybe just this once.

He's gonna milk this for popularity. He's a victim too!

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
0.10% of the worlds population is 7,700,000. Seven million and 7 hundred thousand is 1/10 of one % of the worlds population.
77 million is one % of the worlds population.

5000 people dead from kung flu and the world is afraid.....there is something ultimately wrong with that.

Not 50,000, not 500,000 but 5000 people dead from kung flu and the whole world is suffering greatly. Sounds like a scam to me.

MtnOyster

WKR
All these closures are gonna suck but I think there will be some good come out of this... hygiene for one, good grief, I’m already sick of washing my hands but I’d say it will help with other bugs like the flu or common cold, Kentucky has closed all schools starting next week thank god our fridge and freezer is full I’ve got two crumb snatchers still at home (18 and 22) the 18 year old is a bottomless pit when it comes to food but I’ll put him to work around the house while he’s on vacation!!

Rmauch20

WKR
0.10% of the worlds population is 7,700,000. Seven million and 7 hundred thousand is 1/10 of one % of the worlds population.

5000 people dead from kung flu and the world is afraid.....there is something ultimately wrong with that.

Not 50,000, not 500,000 but 5000 people dead from kung flu and the whole world is suffering greatly. Sounds like a scam to me.
Damn Zap you ever sleep?
Could you imagine if it was 500,000, they way people are acting now we might be full on mad max at 500,000. Tina turner was pretty nice to look at even with the conditions they had.

S.Clancy

WKR

It's the fear of getting to that number, which given current information is technically plausible. Fear is a powerful thing.

View attachment 161576

I’m planning a fishing trip (and to look at some land) to Lake Pend Oreille on the 23rd. 10 days at a condo on the lake with moorage. A little fishing. A little spring skiing. And lots of exploring since I’ve never spent time in the Idaho panhandle. I’ve been planning this trip for months. I’ll be pissed if I get quarantined in the state of Wa. That would suck!

zacattack

WKR

View attachment 161576
A travel ban between states would be pretty damn interesting and hard to pull off. For one there’s lots of roads and ways in and out of places, I’m not sure how they would be policed, local or military? Also food. I think places like The north east would run out of food in a few days with all the major cities and very little production. It would be a cluster to do this.

I’m no lawyer but I believe an interstate travel ban has to be done at the state level since free travel is explicitly stated in the constitution. The Governor would have to declare a state of emergency and call up the national guard to enforce. They’d also have to exempt food an pharmaceutical deliveries or else the whole endeavor wouldn’t make much sense.

And if left unchecked and it runs through the population. . . 60-80% of the global population gets it with a 2.3% death rate. . . I'll do the math for you!

@70% infected that would be 123,970,000 dead people! That is the concern and the hysteria. People don't shut down multi billion dollar industries on a whim, or a scam sickness, they are doing these things to slow the spread and mitigate damage. If we slow it down we can get in front of it and maybe stop it.

If you think they are looking only at # of dead you are an idiot! They are looking at infection rates and exponential numbers and realising just how FKD our hospital system will be in July if we keep going at this rate!

Complain about hysteria, complain about fights for TP, I don't care. But for the love of God stop spewing every where you can stupid numbers!

For comparison sake, should Colorado game and parks take harvest numbers on the first day of archery season and say "well shit, hunting doesn't harvest enough animals better stop doing that"?

Death rates are much higher than the flu on a percentage basis and that is the fear! If it infects billions it will kill millions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEastID