What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Doctor told me today there aren’t enough kits. CDC is controlling who can be tested. Criteria is so strict you either have direct contact with a known case, have a co-morbidity, or such severe respiratory symptoms that you can’t breathe.

How can you stop the spread if you can’t identify who has it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Doctor told me today there aren’t enough kits. CDC is controlling who can be tested. Criteria is so strict you either have direct contact with a known case, have a co-morbidity, or such severe respiratory symptoms that you can’t breathe.

Yeah I just read a total of 77 were tested this week so far

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

Elk97

WKR

By not testing you keep the number of new "confirmed" cases low.

I'm in the seattle area and I've been wearing a mask for a week and one thing odd I've noticed is how hostile people are towards you when you wear one. Check out people being very curt, dirty looks from people and one guy who literally ran his mouth at me when I was grabbing a pizza out of the freezer. Of course since it was a guy from seattle he said it as he was scurrying around the corner of the isle.

MtnOyster

WKR
I'm in the seattle area and I've been wearing a mask for a week and one thing odd I've noticed is how hostile people are towards you when you wear one. Check out people being very curt, dirty looks from people and one guy who literally ran his mouth at me when I was grabbing a pizza out of the freezer. Of course since it was a guy from seattle he said it as he was scurrying around the corner of the isle.
They prolly just wish they had one

Next time pull your mask down and cough at them

Fatcamp

WKR
Wonder how this will effect all the weed heads? I highly doubt the grow house workers along the front range are the most hygienic group around. *Suck the Corona deep into lungs!*-Lyrical madness, yo!😍

MtnOyster

WKR
I think Trump is doing what he can to get us out from behind this and out in front of it but I think we’re gonna have to completely shut down for a week or two if we really want to slow down spreading covid19, when this really gets going I think you’ll really see the :poop: hit the fan, I don’t think we’ve seen real panic yet but I’m afraid we’re going to, I hope not but I’m afraid it’s gonna happen.

jmez

WKR
Influenza will knowingly kill over 30,000 in the US this year and over 60% of the population can't be bothered to get vaccinated. ie no one really gives a shit. Corona better hurry up if it is going to hit that number world wide and everyone has lost their minds. People are stupid.

ODB

WKR
You also grossly over inflate the death rate.

100%. If we had mandatory testing,a) positives would skyrocket and b) death rate would plummet.

China, Korea, Iran, and Italy seem to be outliers here. Keep an eye on the WHO numbers. It’s very odd.

Conroy

WKR
I think many people may have had, or already do have it. They base the death rate percentage on confirmed cases. If many people had it and it passed, the rate would be much lower. My whole family was sick with a fever, chills and congestion just 3 weeks ago. It went through my work like wildfire. Who's to say what we all had? We are all young and healthy.

Rich M

WKR

You aren't supposed to wear a mask if you don't have it.

The mask is for catching buggers when you sneeze or cough, it does nothing to stop you from inhaling the virus.

They thought you were sick.

Elk97

WKR
You aren't supposed to wear a mask if you don't have it.

The mask is for catching buggers when you sneeze or cough, it does nothing to stop you from inhaling the virus.

They thought you were sick.

Well that's just not true. R95 / 100 masks do filter against virus's, that's why every health care worker is wearing one in every picture you see.

MtnOyster

WKR
Well that's just not true. R95 / 100 masks do filter against virus's, that's why every health care worker is wearing one in every picture you see.
100% RIGHT! I don’t understand why people can’t figure this out, completely blows my mind.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Doc said it is passed by droplets and not airborne like originally thought. That’s why the sick wears a mask - to keep from spreading. That’s why you clean contact surfaces and wash hands. Don’t touch your face. When you touch stuff and then your face, you pick up the particles and basically put them in your body through your face.

EastMT

WKR
Doc said it is passed by droplets and not airborne like originally thought. That’s why the sick wears a mask - to keep from spreading. That’s why you clean contact surfaces and wash hands. Don’t touch your face. When you touch stuff and then your face, you pick up the particles and basically put them in your body through your face.

This is out today, still not confirmed but plausible. So we still don’t know. Those four sources seem like decent places, hope they are wrong.

e143c8a487e001d124e09f5df0b337ce.jpg

What's her take on the bug?

Side note: I wonder if The Gorge will be shut down this Summer?

A little weird... she's not worried in the least bit, though I wonder if it's because she works on the medical floor and sees all kinds of infectious disease day in and day out (not to mention junkies and all kinds of oddball stuff).

Gotta say I couldn't peg where this was between reality and hysteria, but having a wife with prolonged exposure before it was known is a little bit of a relief? It's been about 2 weeks and nobody has fallen over in my house (3 kids). Everyone has coughs and runny noses, but that's run of the mill for us every winter and spring.

Maybe we're lucky or maybe we all got it? She did a daily monitoring protocol for two weeks and I stayed home from work out of respect for coworkers, but we're all still here. Son placed silver in a local wrestling tournament, too (talk about anti-quarantine).

Status
Not open for further replies.